AI pit on lap 9 of a 10 lap race...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PearceYaussy, Nov 24, 2015.

1. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

I'll have a few cars challenging me for the lead of the race, I take one to go, and realize no one is there anymore because they PITTED. On lap 9 of 10. Now I can drive like a granny and still win the race.

And I don't know what to do about it. Right now I have to run the short races with no tire wear / fuel usage to keep AI from unnecessarily pitting, but I don't like to do that. I don't know if they are pitting for tires or fuel, but I suspect their tires would last much longer than 10 laps...

:confused:

2. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Put some more fuel in your car, for 1 or 2 extra laps.

Cheers.

3. geggeinto1

geggeinto1 Registered

I think is a bugs your mods . Alls day im working for this problems . Your wear tire is not same ai wear . Just alls days test mods for my friends .

Inviato dal mio GT-N7000 utilizzando Tapatalk

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Like geggeinto1 said: it´s a mod issue. What mod?

5. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

If Howstons you can run Spyder mod which fixes that bug or you can do timed race.

6. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

That affects the AI's stragegy? Interesting... :confused:

This specific race was the Camaro at Lime Rock. So no "mods", All ISI stuff. They would always pit with 1 or 2 laps to go.

Anyway, I'm about done with all this... I mean it's pretending to drive, but really you're just staring at a screen and turning a little wheel strapped to a desk... Such wasted potetial, ya know? I could be out there winning REAL races... :p lol

Anyway, I will try adding more fuel to my car as suggested, but I'm confused as to why that affects the AI. They use the default setup, right? Which is usually WAY more than enough fuel (like 30 laps worth at LR)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2015
  7. dsi1

dsi1 Registered

I do twenty laps easy in a GT Series race on Lime Rock without the Camaros (or any class for that matter) even thinking of pitting unless there's rain.