AI pecking order

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RoboCAT10, Jun 23, 2015.

1. peterchen

peterchen Registered

All sorted now?
    RCD name has to be same as car-class.
    First line in RCD have to repeat car-class.
    Put RCD in car-main folder and pack them together.

Greets
    Pete

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

...is what I told him to do if you read the thread ;)

3. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Yeah, read it,- more or less, but I thought a short summary wouldn´t hurt....:)

4. redapg

redapg Registered

Give it a try and put the rcd file into the same mas file which also includes physics, gen, sfx...files of your car. ;)

5. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I've found my fast forwarding qualifying the field spread is around 4 seconds, where as we go 'finish session' its a huge 15 seconds. It would be nice if I could get the field spread under 3 seconds, but at the same time I still want the pecking order to be consistent, such as if I make the speed values closer the grid will become more random.

Would it be a good idea to make it so each of my AI (or team) have a separate HDV file where I can play with some of the physics. Though that seems a little complicated unless there someone knows if there is something in the HDV file that is good to edit to change the speed of a car etc?

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Don't click "Finish Session" it yields improper results, always use normal or accelerated time.

7. Emery

Emery Registered

You can try forcing setups for each AI at each track. Give one a little more/less aero drag than the others or make their gearing sub-optimal.

In general, in my opinion, stick with using speed in the talent file. Save the setup edits for specific tracks where outcomes were different from the norm in real life (e.g. driver X just couldn't find the speed that day).