AI Overtaking "broken" in Build 228?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MarcG, Jun 12, 2013.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thanks for the reply Mike, I just reinstalled 198 and did two races at Palm Beach with the Clios & Meganes to compare with 228 (default PLR). Loaded up 228 (seperate install) with default PLR (game creates one if one does'nt exist as you know!) and.......now I cant recreate my earlier problems :confused:

I think due to previous PLR changes in 218 and then auto updating (I almost always fresh install but did'nt this time) to 228 I did'nt start with a default PLR, so through my earlier assumptions and then fiddling with this that and the other and loosing my way with all the changes I believe I have simply not tested a default PLR properly as I stated earlier.
    Maybe it was the effect of "wanting to see problems" that I had witnessed earlier to justify my own thoughts and therefore needed a nights sleep and fresh outlook today!

I can only apologise for wasting your time checking this through, I genuinely thought something was wrong but with a default PLR in 228 the AI react the same as they did in 198 (I hav'nt noticed the bug you speak of yet), I will race the AI a lot this weekend and should I see the train/no dive bomb/blocking effect again after any PLR changes I'll send you the file. Sorry again! :eek:

Other Posters: Try a complete default PLR (backup your current one)

2. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

The only problem I noticed myself (but note I'm not enough expert to judge what other persons saw here) on this new build is in Putnam Park (from feel3). With a Clios single player race (10 AIs), AI strength to 95%, nearly all AIs cars (and in any case the firsts one in race) seems to go to fast in second curve and slide on the side, stop, and return to the race (huge white smoke here). It's really new as I used to race with same settings with previous build and never saw this on this track. It's like if they are to confident in this curve. I'll try to make a video. It's 100% reproducible and 100% new.

Edit: just saw MarcG post (I thought Mike one was the last one): how to recreate a default .plr? deleting the current one and it will be recreate? It could also be my problem I guess...

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah simply rename your player.PLR to player.BAK, then load the game and the game creates a new fresh default PLR file.

4. MikeZ

MikeZ Registered

yes...if you delete (or move) your playerfile from the playerfile directory, the game will create a new default playerfile for you the next time you enter the game.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Mike from memory (trying to remember before I fuddled everything up!) the Auto Line Smooth I had that set to 3, AI mistakes to 0.02000 and limiter to 1. Cant test myself now until tomorrow, maybe they borked something!

6. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Thanks for your confirmation, and problem fixed with a fresh .plr! :)

For build 228 I did an auto-update too. I guess people experimenting any kind of AI problems should try to delete or rename this file.

Anyway, fixed, I'm happy :)

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

It would be nice to know what lines or values changed that relate to AI so that perhaps we could simply reset those instead of losing the whole .PLR with who knows how many tweaks or adjustments.

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

anything in the PLR with AI and also Auto Line Smooth, dont think there's anything else that directly relates to their performance (in the PLR that is)

9. tjc

tjc Registered

Guys...

I had the game create a new player file when I installed b228 and still have this problem.

I`ll do as suggested though and do it again to test.

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Wots a AI tjc :confused:

lopl

Serious note, imho no matter what sim when you start winding AI up to decent pro speed and aggression they all turn into maniacs........like rookies on caffeine.

lol

11. Minibull

Minibull Member

Well, I dunno about my plr file, IIRC i made a new one for this build..or was it the previous build...I dunno

Either way, trying the new Formula ISI cars out at 100% skill and aggression, the AI drivers loved nothing more than a real nasty dive bomb, even up onto the grass and curbs in the tight corners...
    Now, while they were behaving nastily like that under brakes, they were so timid in certain corners, going around Mills and Sepang. Where any normal driver would keep his foot down and keep going, they backed right off, resulting in me smacking them.

Stupidly fast in some parts, stupidly slow in others. I thought well ok, I can lap much quicker than them at 100% and started to bump it up a bit, but then they just seemingly became so much faster under brakes and exiting corners, while still going slow in these other bits. I run on default setup, so sure, I'm probably not getting the right grip under braking or corner exit, but its almost as if its superhuman level of grip.
    So yeah, pretty impossible to run a race with them acting that way.

12. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

A thread dedicated to the AI settings buried in the PLR file would be quite useful.

13. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

One thing that needs investigating is the skippy AI rolling over at Mills OLA (probably other areas too). Is it even possible to roll a skippy? Their centre of gravity must be way off. Surely they would slide before rolling.

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

done :)

Clios/Meganes all roll over there too, it's either s light phyics problem or my personal thought that the AIW needs a tweak at Mills (the fast Chicane area I'm talking about) just to stop them riding the curbs so much.

15. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Same conceptual problem as with uninstall.

It is clear that updating rf2 is provoking more problems than the time it is supposed to save wrt fresh install. Downloading and installing the lite version with NO CONTENT (this is the most necessary one) takes a few minutes. Solving the problems provoked by all these bugs might take days until yiu discover what is wrong. Isi is putting resources in unncecessary or at least not prioritary items. I dont need update function or at least not right now. I dont need either a fake uninstall to avoid losing my contents that will maintain also several files as plr that might have changed format with new build. Please concentrate in doing nice build-installing-executables instead of figuring out how to update from a lower version which is much more dificult to do it bug free for obvious reasons i will not extend explaining.

Last thing. I hope next build it is focused in solving the real problems rf2 community is having that prevent us from using it in our leagues. Remember that people have paid for online use which has started counting this month for everybody now and you need to focus on these people.

I am tired of hearing about evolving software. Sorry but this stills behaves as a beta.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

16. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I think I'll stick with clean installs in future. It really doesn't take long and at least I know everything is as it should be.

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Clean install made no difference for me. The reluctance of AI to pass is noticeable compared to prior builds.

What exactly does Auto Line Smooth do? What setting should we use if we want realistic AI? Why wouldn't realistic be the only option? Is there a performance hit with some of the options?

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

what mod/track?

19. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

I found the same issue even with a new plr.
    At Sepang with F35, F1 2012 and other non isi mods (didn't test all mods) Ai does not accelerate properly exiting turns, between turn 5-6 for instance. I had same trouble at Portugal with Meganes, Nissan, F35 and F1 2012 in almost all corners for this last mod. it's pretty obvious in turns 4 - 6 - 9.
    Strange behaviour...

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9100 avec Tapatalk

20. Bink

Bink Registered

Someone must have worked very hard on the new teamOrders() functionality.... and all anyone can do is complain..