AI not following the safety car, going too slow

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by AlexNordic, Apr 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. AlexNordic

AlexNordic Registered

Hi all,

In a couple of recent races I've noticed that the AI is driving very slow when the safety car is out under FCY. First I was at the back of the pack and the guys in front of me were going very slow, doing odd movements (like trying to avoid each other). I also noticed that we were in a queue of 10-15 cars of a 25 field, no sight of the safety car.

Yesterday I was leading the race when the safety car came out and the gap between me and the 2nd went from 3s to 30s in one lap. Completely destroyed the fun. If I carry on a the right speed (about 90mph?) then I win the race without a fight. If I slow down to keep the field tight then I get a penalty.

I'm using the default safety car, and the AI was either the Enduracers or EGT, tracks were Road Atlanta and Road America.

Thoughts?
    Cheers,
    Alex

2. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

I had similar problems in a recent race, the GT3 pack at Oulton Park, safety cars destroyed the race. Cars going much too slow, scoring going haywire... I've switched flag options to Black Only for now, so that SCs can't happen.

Possibly related, rolling starts don't seem to be working right at the moment. My last attempt was at Silverstone GT. The field gets way too spread out on the warm up lap, and the race goes green even if only two cars are together approaching the start line!

3. AlexNordic

AlexNordic Registered

Were you using a single class? In my last race I had 2 classes and the UI was asking me to follow the car ahead but it was like everybody was keeping the gaps, ish. As you said, field spreads way too much and kills the race.

Here's a video, before the SC (lap 3 or so) the six P2s were ahead, with the rest of GTEs still together. Then suddenly there's only one P2 behind the SC followed by 3 GTEs, groups starts to emerge, cars go off track to avoid each other, etc.

4. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

5. AlexNordic

AlexNordic Registered

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  6. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

Yes, disabled it as long as i playrfactor2, and that´s a long time already

7. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Multi class in both cases.

8. AlexNordic

AlexNordic Registered

Well that's sad. something that massively adds to the realism but people disables it because it's broken.
    I hope Studio397 fixes it at some point in the near future.

9. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I've only ever had it work properly once and that was in this race.

Been told by Marcel himself they're looking into it. It's been an issue since just before the handover I think.

jayarrbee36 and AlexNordic like this.
  10. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

GTR2 had a working safety car. That was twelve years ago.

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  11. dons535i

dons535i Registered

Trying to give Rfactor 2 another shot because I love the FFB. The Safety car came out and killed a couple of races.
    I can't believe the Safety car function is still not working after all this time.

DaREALMastaD likes this.
  12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If you are expecting anything in the AI arena to be fixed quickly, and by that I mean many items won't see fixes for years, you are not paying attention. rF2 has a focus on online racing and a UI to compliment that. ONLY after those avenues are fully sorted will they begin to address the long long list of AI issues such as your pace observations.

AlexNordic likes this.