AI needs improving

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by salvasirignano, Jan 17, 2012.

1. essracer

essracer Registered

Re AI in 1960’s mod:

My post is about Fast AI in the 1960’s mod when they change UP through the gears.

First of all I would like to say that the AI has improved, I’m having some fun races, thank you ISI :)

However, below is my issue (maybe the following issue is already obvious to the sim community?)
    In the F1 1960’s cars, when the AI accelerates out of a corner along a straight and change UP through the gears, they have a noticeable speed advantage over me, especially at Spa circuit.

I’m an experienced sim racer, I’m sure I have a good setup because even when I set AI skill difficulty to 70% they are still able to accelerate faster than me when they accelerate UP through the gears comming out of a turn.

I heard (don’t know if this is right) that the AI are perfect at changing gears when they go UP through the gears, as if they have a modern gearbox (that makes instant changes) with no clutch/H pattern like in the older 1960’s cars to worry about, whilst the human naturally makes slower gear changes in the 1960’s cars.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Is there anyone who this does not happen to? What did you do to fix the problem?

Faithfully
    Essracer

2. essracer

essracer Registered

Re AI in 1960’s mod

Regarding my post above of 2/24/2012

I tried something different, I altered my gear shifting style, I now shift UP in 1960's F1 cars mod WITHOUT lifting off the gas, and for now have found that it has helped my problem with AI accelerating faster than me as they change UP through the gears.

This might be the answer for now, but I don't know if the car engine would last over long races as keeping the foot full on the gas every time as I shift gears up over revs the engine between each gear shift.

Regards
    Essracer

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thought I'd check to see when I first mentioned this issue...ouch :confused::D

Emery and davehenrie like this.