AI Multiclass Full Course yellow flag most races

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ArnageIste, Jan 25, 2021.

1. ArnageIste

ArnageIste Registered

Is there a way to reduce the number of Full course yellows I'm seeing when racing LMP2 & GTE?
    It doesn't seem to matter what track or whether I'm driving LMP2 or GTE but the AI seems to have a nasty habit of crashing into each other and causing full course yellows(almost every race) It's not me honest;)
    I've tried playing around with the AI aggression etc. but nothing seems to change it.
    I don't mind the occasional full course yellow but it's much more often than not.

Also why do the LMP2 sometimes just sit behind a GTE when they could easily pass.

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Go into your \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player folder and open up the player/json file, look for the code below and alter the number. This may not work though depending on the Cars chosen.

"GPRIX Safety Car Thresh":1,
    "GPRIX Safety Car Thresh#":"Threshold for bringing out safety car (lower numbers -> more full-course yellows), please note that there are now RFM multipliers for this value",

Alternatively use BLACK FLAGS ONLY in the Menu, you'll still get Yellow Flags but not FCY.

Currently the AI doesn't Slipstream and make a pass very well (regular passing they're good at) nor do they attempt an overtake of a slower car when on an In Lap for a Pit Stop, hopefully these issues will be addressed one day. :)

ArnageIste likes this.
  3. ArnageIste

ArnageIste Registered

Thanks for the Info it's much appreciated.
    I was able to do 2x 24minutes of Daytona without a full course yellow so it's all good now

MarcG likes this.