AI movement appears to be frozen in time

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Stefaan, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Stefaan

Stefaan Registered

Haven't been racing for a bit but I got myself a new wheel and updated RF2 to the latest version and was having issues to decided to reinstall from scratch but I can't get rid of this weird behaviour, never seen this before but the AI drivers seem to be stuck in time, like frozen, they then move a little bit again and then are stuck again, the sim runs fine and I'm getting 120 fps even at this point and I can drive fine myself.
    I tried messing around with the gfx settings of the game, type of video sync, nvidia inspector u name it, tried different cars, different tracks. Nothing stops this from happening and I'm utterly out of ideas now.

Any suggestions as to the cause/fix?

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Weird issue alright, try a default player.JSON (even though you reinstalled you maybe using your old one). If that doesn't help then it maybe an issue with the Mod if it's a community made effort, try ISI cars, if they're fine then it's a mod issue more likely.

3. Ekimelyobo

Ekimelyobo Registered

Sounds like the same issue I'm experiencing as reported in the build 946 slowdown thread.

Is everything fine when just spectating?