AI Mistakes decimal

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Booth_doberman, Apr 25, 2023.

1. Booth_doberman

Booth_doberman Registered

I found this tonight while trying to "fix" the level of mistakes being made by the Gen3 FEs at Berlin. I went into player.json and changed the AI mistakes to .5. On track it was like a demolition derby. When I went back into player.json, I discovered that it said 5 and not .5. My mistake, thought I. I changed it to .5 and went back on the track and it was a crash fest. Back into player.json and it was 5 again. I learned that if you don't enter the number as 0.5, it will get changed to 5. You can do 1 as 1 or 1.0 and it works fine but any number less than 1 has to be entered as 0.x. To be fair, the documentation says, "a range of (intentional) AI mistakes from 0.0 (none) to 1.0 (sometimes)."

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Similar has happened in some vehicle files I think (at least recently, possibly prior but without error messages), where entering parameter values as .1 instead of 0.1 stopped it being read properly.

It's a good idea to always put the 0 for visibility purposes anyway :D

3. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Smart bit of code: "User entered .5 so ignore the decimal point and use 5… on a value with a range specified as up to 1" :rolleyes:

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Above 1 has always been valid.

"AI Mistakes#":"a range of (intentional) AI mistakes from 0.0 (none) to 1.0 (sometimes). Anything above 1.0 multiplies the frequency",

I think anyone somewhat familiar with coding should avoid colouring code intention that way as well - those with no idea about code can do that well enough already...

5. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Ah, I was relying on the quote in the OP.