AI Limiter parameter problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Desesseints, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Desesseints

Desesseints Registered

Yesterday i did this test, using Audi R8 GT3 from Studio397 and Sebring (Studio 397 version too) because i wanted to test how AI Limiter parameter works in different sessions.

The conditions are similar, 20 minutes, 15 drivers (me included) and AI Limiter 0%. I want gaps between cars.

[​IMG]

Practice:

[​IMG]

Aprox. 0'56 s. between 2nd and last driver. Too close. No matter, is a practice session. Usually is used for learning the track, solo driving, testing cars or setups...

Qualifying:

[​IMG]

Aprox 2'8 s. between 2nd and last driver. Mmm, pretty nice. These gaps was what i was looking for. Maybe they should be bigger, Sebring is a long track.

Race:

[​IMG]

11s. between 1st and 14th in 10 laps (yeah, i ended last becauses i crashed a lot). The race was a fucking train, no gaps.

Altough this is a monocar race there should be more difference between cars, ¿why AI limiter has this little influence?

¿Is there something in config files i can do? ¿Should Studio 397 make this parameter perform better?

2. Emery

Emery Registered

Make your own AI drivers and give them a range of driver skill from 0-100. That will let them spread out by about 4 seconds a lap at Sebring.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

In the .rcd file are two lines that, in the past with titles like rF1 and GTR2, induced more AI driver errors. The lower the number, the greater chance of a mistake. Composure and MinRacingSkill combined to add some measure of variation. I'm not sure if rF2 achieves the same result with those two lines.

Nationality = American
    DateofBirth = 26-2-1984
    Starts = 0
    Poles = 0
    Wins = 0
    DriversChampionships = 0
    Aggression = 90.0
    Reputation = 100.0
    Courtesy = 95.0
    Composure = 97.0
    Speed = 100.0
    QualifySpeed = 90.0
    WetSpeed = 90.0
    StartSkill = 115.0
    Crash = 0.7
    Recovery = 100.0
    CompletedLaps = 100.0
    MinRacingSkill = 90.0

4. Emery

Emery Registered

5. Desesseints

Desesseints Registered

I'll try. In some mods gaps are more realistic, they doesn't need to edit anything. Maybe they have more logical configuration in their RCDs. I'll look up at them.

i had the hope that in rFactor 2 it was easier than in rFactor 1. Unfortunately it's similar.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  6. lagg

lagg Registered

rF2 is much more difficult and complex than rF1