AI Issue

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by green serpent, Jul 13, 2016.

1. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Not sure if this is a known issue but I've been doing a number of races at Silverstone in the NSX-R, and I've found that there are two corners were the AI consistently loose control. It's hard to do a race without lengthy yellow flags, and it's too easy to beat the AI when you know they'll eventually stuff up at those corners. At Turn 12 (Becketts) the AI take a really poor line and get themelves into a tank slapper and spin out, and at the end of Hanger straight right before turn 15 (Stowe), they go too far to the left side of the track and hit the bumpy ripple strip under brakes and get into an unrecoverable slide. This consistantly happens in basically every race and gets a bit annoying/repetitive.

I've tried a few other cars and it dosn't seem to occur as much. The AI difficulty is set to 100%, which is actually rather slow on that circuit in the NSX-R. It would be good if it could be fixed at some stage because it's a pretty fun car/track combo and this issue kinda spoils it.

2. Emery

Emery Registered

Try type 2 AI learning.

3. green serpent

green serpent Registered

I set up a practice event with 20 AI and I let them run the track for about an hour. The first dozen laps or so the AI were spinning out at Becketts every lap. After a while they started to spin out less, and by the end there were barely any spin outs, and the lap times were better than what I can do. All this was pretty impressive, but then when I went back and set up a race, the same thing happened as before, spin outs every lap. How do I get the AI learning to save?

4. Eddy

Eddy Registered

5. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

For AI learning you need to do the following:

Setup a "Practice" session with 1 AI

Set Fuel Usage OFF, Tire Wear OFF, Mechanical Failures OFF

Once the track has loaded select the one AI name in the list

Type "ai learn" in the chat

You'll get a message from the AI "I will start trying to drive better, human"

Once you're satisfied with the line it's taking type in "ai save" and you'll get a message again "I have saved what knowledge I have gained for future use human"

This should have saved a TL3 file to UserData\Player\Settings\CAR NAME\CARNAMETRACKNAME.tl3

6. cosimo

cosimo Registered

I had no idea about this!

7. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Is it possible? and if so what are the steps

Can you get the AIW to learn the track when making the AIW? or get the AIW to learn the track and then put that info into the AIW file?

8. green serpent

green serpent Registered

I'm loading up a practice session with 1 AI, and turning off fuel usage etc. When the session loads up I'm clicking on the AI's tame and typing "AI learn" in the little black chat box and pressing enter. After that nothing seems to happen. No message from the AI. Am I doing something wrong?

9. Christopher Elliott

Hmm, I just tested it in Build 1098 so it should be working. Which track and car combo are you running?

EDIT: It has to be all lower case "ai learn" and "ai save" (corrected my post above)

10. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Maybe a dumb question, would this make any sense to include the TL3 files into a track (or car) mas? ...and if so, where?

//Edit: i would prefer to include it into the car mod.

11. Christopher Elliott

Yes, you can put it in either it shouldn't matter.

12. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Thanks Elliot, any advise where to put the files into? Own mas, Main...?

13. Christopher Elliott

I don't think it matters where you put it.

Also I should add this method is mostly geared towards helping tracks that do not have a very well defined AIW and certain cars that might prove problematic in some areas. So it's mostly for users that want to improve their own single player experience.
    I would go easy on making new versions of content just for this, and opt instead for sharing the loose TL3 files with others users to pop in their settings folder, if you are wanting to share.

14. Emery

Emery Registered

I believe you have to move to the next session in order to save the .WIS files with type 2 AI learning.

15. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

For me "ai save" works.

16. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I think it is clear that it is quite difficult to create a good AIW. People are reporting problems even with ISI tracks and cars as it is the case.

AIW editor is an extremely difficult to use tool. It is clear that even ISI has trouble to properly adjust AI for their tracks and cars.

My tracks are created with BTB where the line is drawn by hand over the track layout. Trial and error + experience is the only improvement method.

All those learning methods would be good if they could ve used to redefine the AIW. However, everytime I try to use AI after learning the track to redefine the fast line it goes crazy.

The fact that new learning methods are being implemented proves the inefficiency of previous ones. I have tried them all, and I must say that they do not help much to modders.

For the learning methods there is no official thread or user guide. As always the community had to do the job providing inaccurate information based on experience and on poorly explained comments in player.json.

The old rF1 approach of leaving pretty much all the support to community is not valid if ISI wants to approach the new generations.

Every topic same problem.

Enviado desde mi ONE A2001 mediante Tapatalk

17. Christopher Elliott

Ok thanks for mentioning that, although I don't think "ai learning" was really intended for that purpose, it's interesting you're using it in that way.

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

1 - I've seen complete newbies use the learning tools with no problem whatsoever, when you know what you're doing (which takes a matter of minutes to learn) then it's very very simple. ISI don't have a problem as such, it's that they have a lot of cars and don't release specific AIW Path lines for each car, that would certainly help but for the most part most ISI cars work just fine on ISI tracks.

2 - That is a good idea

3 - Absolute rubbish, all three learning modes have worked wonders in their own way for me and others for many years. If you don't understand their usage and design then I politely suggest you properly learn about them instead of having (yet another) dig at ISI.

4 - As we did for many many other areas of the game, for the record there are two threads dedicated to AIW Learning (one of which was very popular) where the community chipped in to help and get all the information we needed - with direct ISI responses too.

19. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Hi Marc,

I have spent many hours with the three learning methods. Not so much with AIW editor which literally sucks. I dont know if rhe problem resides in the original AIW coming from BTB or what but none of the learning methods have solved any of the problems in my tracks.

When you are in the learning process it seems that you are getting improvements but when you want to apply those settings for future use, the times are far from the ones being set by the learning AI.

Pick any of my tracks gotham pocoyo salem vally las 3millas and provide me a good ini wis or tl file and I will update the track straight.

I dare you.

PS: I am still waiting for an answer about AI settings when learning. Should we set 100% strength? How much aggressiveness? It doesn't affect? Isit important to predefine a setup for the AI first?

Here were several specific questions about this.
    I like to put these things so that it doesn't look like I am inventing things.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php?p=421734

Enviado desde mi ONE A2001 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
  20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

The AIW Editor does not suck, it's a good tool which does its job and many users have made terrific AIW files from it, if it sucked then every AIW would surely be rubbish, again another pathetic statement.

I dare you to post with the words Please and Thank You and stop with the passive aggressive nature every time aimed at the Devs (there's always something wrong isn't there?!), I've wasted enough time with you on these forums for long enough and won't any more, you want help? Learn to ask nicely and be polite, end of.