AI is much improved now in mixed class racing.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lgel, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Lgel

Lgel Registered

@MiniBull

I will quote Lenine "the facts have a very hard head".

AC outsells RF2 by a hudge margin.

2. Minibull

Minibull Member

The facts sure do have a hard head...funnily enough, so do some people you talk to on the internet when you provide them with decent facts in an emotional arguement XD.

While not having facts to back it up, I wouldn't find that hard to believe at all. Simulators are a very niche product, and rF2 is a further niche in that section.

But hang on, The Crew probably outsold AC. And F1 2014/15 probably outsold The Crew. Furthermore, GT and Forza outsell all of them I'd bet.
    Alas, no facts to prove it, but it's not insane to believe that, is it...
    The only question there is, what do you take that to mean? What does that actually prove to you? What I can take from it is that they sold copies of their games to their respective targeted markets. The size of the targeted market was a big part in the total sales. No s**t.

Yay, more stupid metrics to somehow "judge" a product by. Toyota outsells Ferrari, Aston Martin, Porsche and McLaren combined...:rolleyes:

3. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Yes you are right, I am totally convinced by your "decent facts", I was myself involved "in an emotional argument".

Cheers and have fun.

4. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

You're spreading disinformation.

http://www.planetmarrs.net/rfactor-full-steam-ahead/
    http://www.virtualr.net/meet-simfunding-sim-racing-crowd-funding-platform#comment-1871850631

5. Lgel

Lgel Registered

@associat0r

I politely disagree with you, there is a difference between facts and opinions, up to now I think I am entitled to have my opinions and express them in this forum, but may be I am wrong.

You are wellcome to disagree politely with my opinions, I don't think I am the exclusive owner of truth and common sense.

"I am affraid at the moment RF2 is for computer freakies only, able to sort or accept all it's peculiarities to be kind" is not information, but as stated clearly my opinion, read thread about release 930 you'll see I am not alone in thinking this.

"Kunos is may be late to the party, but it seems to be fully focused on his product, apparently it is not the case for ISI" again is not information, but as stated clearly, my opinion.

"The future of RF2 is in ISI' hands, not in ours." is a fact.

"meanwhile AC has sold at least an order of magnitude more copies than RF2" is a fact.

"Do you realize that for more than a month, someone who has read a good review about RF2 and wantss to try the demo gets empty menus unless it has windows fonts sized at 100 %?" is a fact to.

The two quotes in your message are very interesting but have no relation with my message.

Have fun racing.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2015
  6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Hey

I was not the one brought AC up ?

So why don't you toddle off and have a whinge at the person that did !

ffs looool

7. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

I showed facts about ISI being focused on their product and non-computer geeks using it.

Here is another non-computer geek using rF2

The reason AC sold so well had mostly to do with licensed street and exotic cars, half-implemented Oculus Rift, promised non-existent career mode, flashy presentation and marketing and promised so-called mainstream accessibility.

I own both AC and rF2 and I hardly drive AC, because it's missing all the essential features we had a decade ago in rF1.

The future of rF2 is bright and it would be even brighter if you stopped spreading disinformative FUD.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2015
  8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

They could outsell rF2 100:1 , it would still meaning nothing to me.

So I want to do screenshots of all cars to hide my head in the sand.....................I see.

bahahahahaha

No need to call you names ? what on earth are you going on about.

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

AC outsells rF2 mainly because the guys marketing AC aren't humble in any way, shape or form IMO.
    They aren't afraid of shoving their product down people's throats, making grand, bold statements about a sim that isn't even close to what they market it as.
    Put emphasis on eye candy for good measure, to make the sour taste go away for a while.

It is a good approach... on the short term, that is.
    But once the hype cools off, I think it'll be a different story.
    Especially if AC continues to only work as a hot lap simulator, and also if Kunos continue to lack any sort of focus on fixing the fundamentals (AI for instance) that need to be fixed, before AC can be called a proper racing sim.

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Bit more then AI needs fixing.

Funny thing is I have never ever heard a single AC fanboy say it in Steam reviews so people can read the actual truth.

So anyone scolls the Steam reviews before buying it thinks everything is near perfect.

:rolleyes:

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

That's what the "for instance" was meant to imply. ;)

A lot of silly crusading going on at the moment, lot of misinformation regarding the state of that sim.
    Easy to hide behind pretty pictures and fancy promo vids.
    But a look beneath the surface... :eek:

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Reviewers need to get their stuff together.

Even for 2013 both of these below can't be taken seriously.

" unconvincing wet-weather visuals " ............. but isn't imperfect weather better then no weather at all.

" so you're limited to single-weekend events against the well-behaved AI " ............ like opposed to them driving like crazymen. ? lol

"Sadly here the rFactor 2 experience took a nose-ward dive, with basic, blocky graphics that looked totally inconsistent with the prior course. Exploring more of these user-created circuits revealed a huge flux in quality, a problem that plagued the original rFactor "

lmao he does the review at the end of April'13 and what do you reckon came out weeks before ??? Croft !!! ................. omg lol

"Like its predecessor, rFactor 2 relies upon mods, and installing them is a little more complex than it need be. After trawling a few forums and making a couple of posts I’d figured out how to install around 30 different track, as well as a handful of cars "

Well he got that totally wrong ALL sims have mods lol .........and he never even explained any of the advantages.

Complex ......is that some kinda joke.

and why the heck did he install 30 tracks ( in early 2013 ) and a "handful" of cars reviewing beta.

its goes on and on

read em

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/rfactor-2/1227348p1.html

http://www.pcpowerplay.com.au/feature/simulator-special-rfactor-2,389906

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2015
  13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

How does a thread about AI improvement in rF2 turn into an AC discussion? Is there some AC forum somewhere full of threads turning into discussions about rF2? Somehow it wouldn't surprise me...

rF2 does what it does, doesn't do what it doesn't, and I imagine the same is true for every other product out there. If people want to make a judgment on which one is better/best I suppose that's their right, but trying to convince others to think the same way (evidently) doesn't usually work.

PS If Durge is doing his best to settle these discussions down with some balanced and thoughtful observations I apologise for trying to steal his thunder. I don't read his posts.

14. Axe

Axe Registered

I have never seen rF2 sales figures can you provide me? AC was mentioned somewhere here (200k if I am right) with believable source.
    just curious. nothing what could change my preferences. If you ask me I would say the same but better to see it...

15. Lgel

Lgel Registered

As I said before, I don't think I am the exclusive owner of truth and common sense.

Look at the traffic on third party sites for RF2 and AC, the number of downloads, of skins being available, etc.

I wellcome ISI to correct me with their sales figures, and I will immediatly recognize I was wrong.

As someone said he doesn't care about sales, but the cost of developping for 20.000 customers is the same as for 200.000, but with the later sales it is easier to pay wages and stay afloat.

Cheers.

16. Axe

Axe Registered

nothing against you personally. but to be accurate it is not the fact but an expert estimation. and again my reason to ask was really just to know rF2 figures, ordinary curiosity. a shame it will not be satisfied:)

17. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Why? May be ISI will correct me.

18. Axe

Axe Registered

I think there is a reason why I have never seen that :)
    and I doubt the reason is gone :)
    but maybe...

19. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

rF2 Ai In action here, Spinning out, making mistakes and from 2 min 30... 3-4 wide going into the final corner, 1 car even taking a lot of curb, Show me another Sim ( or rather game ) that has Ai as advanced atm.

20. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

rF2 AI is alive, it feels human, much more than any other sim or racing game I've ever tried. It struck me the very first time I raced against the Clios at Lime Rock, and that was nearly two years ago.