AI is a mess + problems with F1 1999 and F1 1979 + other things

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by momoracer, Dec 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. momoracer

momoracer Registered

First of all im completely new to rFactor 2. I wanted to train before I go online, the problem is the AI is just nonsense. And im testing it on official maps like the Monte Carlo 1966.

I loaded the cars from http://www.asrformula.com/rfactor2.html for example, got the MP4, did some laps alone... really nice.

Then I go for the race, and the AI is completely jerky, like when you are online with bad internet connection when it's laggy and not smooth. What's going on? Not to mention that the handling is really weird, the cars aren't behaving in a reasonable way.

I tried some other and some seem more decent, some are better than others, but overall IA sucks.

I tried the Ferrari 312 classic one from the 1967 Historic Edition, and this car when I load a race, had a better AI, but the FPS where terribly bad, compared to the MP4 for example, which was smooth with the same amount of cars. I guess it's an higher poly count model??

I also have a problem with a couple of mods. The 1999 and 1999 LE (what is the difference?) and the 1979 F1 mods, don't show the car preview, so I don't know how the car looks like when im selecting it.

See pic:
    [​IMG]

These are downloaded from the workshop so I expected everything to be setup in order, but as you see I have no previews on these ones.. the others do have preview pics.

Also when I click on Series, I expected a nicely packaged menu with the different types of cars and so on but it's just empty..???

[​IMG]
    I would like for the cars and tracks to have some sort of mark that would tell you they are official content and not modded content. Why? Because I assume that the AI depends on both the car and the racetrack, so I assume that combinations of official car + official racetrack will give me a decent experience with the AI to train with.

Now that I have downloaded a bunch of mods, I have no idea what is official content and what isn't, and therefore I don't know what will have decent AI or not...

Finally, on the menu on the right, there seems to be some line on there that's cut??

[​IMG]
    If you look closer you'll see there are some yellow pixels down there that look like it's text...

Finally, I downloaded the 1996 Formula 1 series and I can't find it on the menu.. where is it??

This guy has it under "Formula 1" but I don't have such folder:

[​IMG]

As you see, I am subscribed:

[​IMG]

Please help me with these issues. And I would like to know what are some must have mods that have good AI in what tracks, so I can practice.

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  2. bwana

bwana Registered

Your issues are mostly related to your own choices , that being your pc, or game settings used not compatible to your system , official cars are in workshop and include the developers name in description also same with tracks ,your chosen AI settings , it will take you time but solutions and work around for most of your issues have solutions posted in this forum and many others . btw LE versions are for league racing where BOP ( balance of performance ) is set so all cars are pretty much equal so a grid of cars are all able to be competitive .

3. LokiD

LokiD Registered

don't expect pcars or raceroom like presentation here. It's being worked on. Think rf2 like a science project its an ongoing wip. When it works it can't be touched. It takes some patience and research to get things going.

but eh that's what s397 is here for. They have a lot of work to do.

4. momoracer

momoracer Registered

Would like some more concise answers. Namely: Why is F1 1996 not showing up on the menu? I have searched all over the internet, nobody has an aswer.

5. bwana

bwana Registered

6. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

This sounds like you might be overloading your CPU. Could you post your system specs? Does it become smooth again if you put less AI cars on the track? In general I would recommend trying to track down these problems with first party content, before using third party content, just to eliminate possible causes.

That is caused by the creators of this particular mod choosing not to include a preview image for each car. You can try reporting this to them, there is nothing rFactor 2 can do about it.

The fact that a mod comes from the workshop does not tell you anything about its quality. Well, you can look at the rating that a mod is getting, and give it your own rating and leave constructive feedback for the authors. The missing series image is also something the authors of a mod should add.

That is quite easy to see in the workshop. All official content has "Studio 397" as its creator. Some older official content is published by "Image Space Incorporated". If the creator is anybody else, it's not official content. In game this is no longer easily visible.

You've found a bug, that issue will be corrected when we publish our new HUD, which should be released soon.

bwana and Ari Antero like this.
  7. momoracer

momoracer Registered

Is it much better? where is the 1996 ASR anyway? it's not on the website. "Paymod" section only has:

In any case, I would still like to try free one... but I can't seem to make it load. I can see the files are definitely there:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Vehicles\F1 1996 - SL1DE\1.031

But I can't see it on the menu.

Edit: for some reason, it has appeared now on on the menu.. it fixed itself it seems.

Also the 1999 one that I downloaded... do Formula 1 cars have this handling in real life? because it feels pretty unrealistic to me. The grip and responsiveness is rather insane, it
    feels a bit weird, but then again none of us have been on an F1 car so it's hard to say.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  8. momoracer

momoracer Registered

But it should be said in-game too on the list, to know who created each mod instead of a plain list with no info.

Cool.

9. bwana

bwana Registered

ASR is very very good for 3rd party content, donate $2 if 5 is too much and get tons of f1 cars from 91’ on . Not all mods are equal the one you are trying l lasted half a lap and deleted .

10. momoracer

momoracer Registered

Where? in pay section, only 2017, 2015 and 2017 cars to be found there.

11. bwana

bwana Registered

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  12. momoracer

momoracer Registered

Wow these must be new? i was on the website the other day and I only had access to 2 cars. Now i see a lot for free download.

What do I get if I pay specifically? what cars?

Edit: I realized the beta ones are donate only. I will buy the F1 2004.

Are there any other good modern F1 cars? The f1 1999 mod is just a joke, I don't believe F1 cars feel like that (again maybe they do, but it feels weird to me.. this is the thing with crazy cars, we can't know)

13. bwana

bwana Registered

If you donate you basically get the lot if my memory is correct and any new updates to betas .. l don’t think they have any modern , there is a very good 2013 mod by frenky LE version available . Google is your friend. As for ASR stuff it’s all been there for awhile , just need to navigate the site a bit .