SOLVED AI flying off at certain tracks... how to fix?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GCCRacer, May 23, 2014.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Hi all

There are a few (very few, but they exsist) combinations of cars and tracks where the AI will crash out for sure in a lap or two after race start. ISI Monaco and Brabham/Harbor Chicane for example, or non-ISI Spa-Francorchamps and the FR35. Spa is especially puzzling (and I know there are some cheap conversions out there) because the AI will run two full laps nicely, and lose it on the third.

Is there anything basic that could be done to help them? Maybe assigning them a setup with more grip for these tracks?

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2014
  2. Quartza

Quartza Registered

Make a new AIW. I've done a few fixes and its really not too bad. I dont mess with trying to redo the racing line, just change the corridors. I had the F3s clipping the curb coming out of Massenet, just went to that point of track and moved the left corridor farther in from the curb. A simple corridor fix should fix the other tracks too, but I guess I need to know the nature of what the cars are doing in your case. I assumed it was issues with coming into track boundaries.

3. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Thanks for the suggestion. To me it seems the FR35 at Spa loses the rear. Not sure if that corridor fix Applikation es then. It might work for ISI Brabham/Monaco.

4. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Anyone else any ideas?

5. Quartza

Quartza Registered

I did some testing to see with my own eyes. FR35s are spinning out from using too much outer curb on the entry of Bruxelles, Stavelot, maybe another. When the AI used no curb they seem fine. Is this what you are seeing? This is a classic case of using a corridor adjustment to fix the issue. The FR35s at Spa could bennifet from having a few other curbs taken out too. I may mess with this issue today. I could send you the AIW for you to repackage a new Spa with, if you dont want to mess with that.

6. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Yes, what you descripe is exactly the problem. Thanks for offering help, please check your PM. :)