AI fixed setup

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Coanda, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Hello,

B798 64b. With this option set to true the AI do use your fixed setup fine however they get confused on the tyre option. My fixed setup calls for mediums and the AI all use hard tyres.

2. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Well, in my mod the AI seem to choose for the tyre choice dependent on fuel load. I found out that, say on a circuit that only allows soft and medium compounds, in testing conditions the AI always choose the medium compound. I'm not quite sure if this would be called a "bug", as I haven't seen the AI use a tyre compound that is not allowed on that track (in my example the supersoft or hard compound). I think, if you see the AI uses a not allowed compound for that track, that should be called a bug.

Of course, things change if you use the Parcferme options in the rFm and the AI uses different tyre compounds from qualifying to start of the race.

But you are right and I can confirm that when AI fixed setup is set to 1, the AI do not necessarily use the same tyre compound as the human.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
  3. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Heya Frenky. I tested your mod on a test day and my fixed setup which had mediums with 50lt of fuel. They used the hard tyre.