AI Difficulty?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by me you, Jan 20, 2018.

1. me you

me you Registered

F1 car- the ASR 2017- by way faster, how much faster? Sub 1:00? My times were 1:40 (I'm new to the track so i might could get it down some with practice- i just tried the track to see if the AI were any more reasonable in that track- they weren't- )

2. bwana

bwana Registered

Again car mod related ? When you say your faster in the corners you mean you catchup in braking zone but they pull away down the straight ? Perhaps if that’s the case your in fast , out slow ? That will cost you big time on tracks. Like the old silverstone and any with long straights . Most of their gain is made by reaching top speed well before you due to faster exit perhaps ?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  3. me you

me you Registered

on that map I'm passing them in corners- I'm not jamming brakes- they just seem to be really slow in corners (some corners, some they are blistering fast where I can't hold the line going the speeds they do)- my exits are a lot faster than theirs on those 4 or so corners- It's the straights they are out speeding me- I'll be pedal to the floor, maxed out on speed- and they fly past me- Like for instance, on start- they get a few hundred feet infront of me adn caRS behind are passing up until the first corner- then i make up a few spots, second real corner they are really slow on- some almost stop going around the corner- many times I've slammed them because they practically stop o n the corner and I'm not expecting that

4. bwana

bwana Registered

The slow Ai is a known issue for first few laps as they generally drive conservatively when in heavy traffic is it the same 10 laps in ? Have you sat in their cars to watch which gear they are in by comparison to yourself ? Too me it it sounds half about driver issue and the other issues with mods. Again , have you tried with official content . Cars and tracks ?

5. me you

me you Registered

not sure how to sit in their cars? That would be cool to see what kind of time they are doing laps- compared to mine- and compared to real life track lap times- I'm trying different cars now- been going down through the list- only got a few so far- I've set AI difficulty at 78% which should be a good gauge- so far I'm seeing ridiculous times with them- on a few different tracks- I think most of the tracks and cars are stock ones, whether that is official content or not I dunno? I did download a few cars (mostly nascar, and a couple F1 cars- so most are stock)

6. bwana

bwana Registered

To sit in an AI car , select ( highlight ) their name in timing screen when it’s green showing they are on track then enlarge( maximise) replay screen . You will soon see either their gear selection etc on car motec or at bottom of screen . Try using FISI at silverstone GP , once you are confident with the combo and car setup of course .

7. me you

me you Registered

thank Bwana- that was very helpful to see how they take the long sweeping curves- I assumed they were flat out around the curves- they aren't- they let up just for a second or two then punch it- that helped me take those curves better-

bwana likes this.
  8. AMillward

AMillward Registered

'The mod that shall not be named'

bwana likes this.
  9. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Are you sure that your pedal gives 100% output? Often the case (on older pedals) that there are dirty contacts.
    Please check in controller window.

ceecee likes this.
  10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Your problem might be caused because a car problem rather than a rF2 problem. That mod was created by a very young modder who seems to be quite intelligent but was very inexperienced (in all aspects) at the time. Have you tried an official car?

bwana likes this.
  11. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Wasn't that mod meant for league use more than single player? AI might not be optimised properly.

12. me you

me you Registered

lol why is that? Too unrealistic? I actually graduated to formula 2015 mod- I find it's a little faster and better on the corners

13. me you

me you Registered

I've checked that and it's 100%- Even with another car, the formula 2015, set at 74, i was doing 1:12 on silverstone gp, and the AUI was doign the same- (I checked by viewing their runs after the race)- seems liek if they are to run that speed, it shoudl be aroudn 80-90 AI difficulty, not 74%?

I'm still trying different tracks, different cars- tried a kart one last night- the AI at 74 were pretty easy to beat on the cart track, so that would seem to indicate it is mod related- (What a blast the carts were lol- also the interceptor quad- very fun change of pace)

14. me you

me you Registered

I'm currently going through all the cars on that track- only doen a few so far- all seem ot have trouble keeping up at 74%- I wonder if it's just the track?

15. AMillward

AMillward Registered

There's a bit of a kerfuffle going on as to whether or not bits of the mod were stolen. When the guy was called out on it, he threw a hissy and got himself banned from here becuase he believed his mod was above criticism. Becuase of the storm it caused no one's allowed to talk about it here.

It's now on the Workshop and they're blocking people/delete comments who reveal what's going on.

bwana likes this.
  16. me you

me you Registered

wow- didn't realize that- From now on it's mum's the word about the mod which shant be named-

17. me you

me you Registered

ok it appears, just like most of you said, that it's mod related- I tried the F1 1988 ASG car, and easily won with AI set at 70%- I won by 2 laps, with most cars at 4 laps down- That never happened weith the ASR 2017 or thew other mod i used can't remember which now- at best I would have won by seonds with those set at 70 AI. I';ll try cranking the I up to 100 and see how they perform with the F1 1988 mod tomorrow

bwana likes this.