AI default setup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PearceYaussy, Jan 9, 2016.

1. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Is there a way to assign a default setup for a specific car for the AI? If there's not, then there should be. It it very annoying to have to assign the same setup again and again to each individual driver every time you start/restart a session. Why doesn't the AI setup for a given track save (or doesn't seem to for me anyway)? I literally have to reassign the setup to every driver again every time I restart a race.

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Pearce, did you try a offline dedicated room ?

If you select a fixed setup in dedicated all drivers have it, maybe Ai will do same...... ?

3. redapg

redapg Registered

PearceYaussy, try the Tutorial that is linked in my Signature.

That should help you.
    If not, please post it here, that i can correct it.

4. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

As far as I know, these steps create a fixed setup for the player, not the AI.

5. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

EDIT: Sorry, I missed the part about editing player.json. My bad. Thanks for the help.

6. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

This works, but there still seems to be a bug that causes the AI to revert to the original default setup when a race is restarted. For instance, I use a low downforce setup at palm springs road B, and using my setup the AI can keep up with me fine around the oval section. When I restart the race for whatever reason, now the AI lost 10mph of top speed and fall a good 50-75 car lengths behind around the oval and I can get half a lap ahead in no time. The only way to remedy this is to exit the weekend, go back to the track, and run qualifying again, every time, and it's a big pain in the a**.

Is this a known bug, or am I the only one experiencing it (as usual)?

7. redapg

redapg Registered

Sorry, i can't help you with that, i don't race the AI. :)

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Better implementation of setups for AI has been mentioned a few times, dating back to rF1 days, but it never hurts to bring it up again into the Wishlist section.

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Or just run faster Ai in prac/qual and they will come back to you in the Race.

On good rubber we can run virtually qual pace from the go get, Ai don't.

So if Ai pace lets you qualifying near the front you won't have anyone to chase.

Make Ai pace so you just qual at back of grid and you will come through them.

10. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

That's the thing, I do run practice and qual, and then the AI CAN keep up during the race, because they are using the same setup as me. But then I RESTART the race, they revert to the default setup (much more downforce/drag) and can't keep up anymore on the long straights. They can still corner at least as fast as me... That's my problem.

11. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Let me try to explain better. Here's how to recreate the problem:

Step 1: Start a race weekend at a fast track like daytona or lemans

Step 2: create a setup with minimum downforce for max top speed

Step 3: assign as the default setup, and with "AI Fixed Setup" in player.json set to true, AI will use this setup as well.

Step 4: Start the race. You will notice that the AI are using your setup and they can keep up with your enormous top speed on the long straights

Step 5: Restart the race

Step 6: Race again

Now this time, the AI are NOT using your low downforce setup you assigned to them anymore, they are now using the DEFAULT setup with high downforce, and fall WAY behind on the straights, yet can corner faster than you (due to more downforce and drag).

This is definitely a bug whether is is known or not, and causes me to have to restart the entire weekend and run qualifying again every time I want to restart a race.

This bug occurs whether I use fixed setups, or assign setup individually via the "AI Setup" button in the garage. Either way, a race restart reverts the AI to the original default setup.

By the way, I am sorry for being an ass in earlier posts you guys, It is known that I am not the most "stable" person in the world. :p I mean no ill by it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2016
  12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I ask again, have you tried this method offline using the dedicated menu not Single Player.

What about making the room with no sessions, Race only, does that not enforce parc ferme ?

13. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

I will try that

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Wing and a Pray..............

What about VC cars Pearce. ?

If you make virtual cars don't they keep track.ini files or something in userdata/settings.

Maybe you can edit these ?

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Besides all this there is a fundamental flaw, at least with the Historic F3's

THEY HOLD GEARS TOO LONG !@! .....I bugged posted this 4 years ago Build 60 I think.

I mean serious what Pro level race with 100% damage do you redline these to 10,000rpm in 4th and hold it up hills !

Come on.

This is why Eves are so Slow at Belgium because they use 10,000 rpm as a normal shift point ...lmao !

So they drop to 4th at Stavelot automatically ...... when they could easy do it in 5th.

Then they hold 4th 1/2 way from Stavelot to Blanchimont ! well almost hehehehe lol .............and in doing so drop 1 second. ( not so funny)

So that throws gear ratios to suit out the window.

I have noticed this in MANY other cars as well Ai just dyno every turn every lap ......... like on what planet are they race drivers ?

A lot of rookies do not seem to understand the meaning of " usable rev range " and "sweet spot " in regards to torque.

Historic cars never valved gears lap after lap ..........lol

Lower the shift limits on F3 Eves please ....... what you do with the rest ......... lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2016
  16. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

I created a bunch of AI cars in the Tuning menu and you can edit the AI file in there as well as set an AI driver name, team, etc. Editing the AI, creates an rcd file for each driver you edit as 0.rcd, 1.rcd, etc. The rcd file looks like this:

//[[gMa1.002f (c)2015 ]] [[ ]]
    ASR_OWC_91
    {
    Herman Melville
    {
    Team = Pequod Raceships
    Component = ASR_OWC_MP4-6_1991
    Skin = Melville_11a_ALT.dds
    VehFile = MP4-6_01.VEH
    Description = Melville_11
    Number = 11
    Aggression = 41.67
    Speed = 92.71
    QualifySpeed = 97.40
    WetSpeed = 91.67
    StartSkill = 88.54
    Crash = 7.81
    CompletedLaps = 89.06
    MinRacingSkill = 87.50
    Composure = 81.77
    }
    }

17. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Interesting 'n all but to me it is like monitoring fuel usage and plugins, all great stuff.

Try a race with full tanks and x fuel usage and do one less or more stop then Ai do.
    imho the variation in laptimes to fuel load is not great enough, at least not in Historics
    to make any strategy workable and they are probably the cars should suffer most under increased load.

Like I said about F3 no matter what setup you give them the Ai still hold gears too long.

Even normally racing they slow at Belgium if they are too close to cars pitting.

So see for me worrying about fine tuned Ai setups and monitoring fuel to the last litre all seems a little pointless in the end.

I would be happy if ISI tossed over Ai altogether next time.