AI crazy line in the rain or yellow flag

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gleidson, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Gleidson

Gleidson Registered

In the offline races, when the safety car enters the track or, when it starts to rain, AI starts to make crazy tracks, it comes and goes in the middle of the line, and, looking at the AIW file, I could not identify which line is the one that causes Such confusion.

I already deleted the AIW and started from scratch on the track, ST. Petersburg (Indycar - IDT), I have refined the fast line, the block line, the pitlane line, left and right line, but no use, the cars are zigzagging when it rains or when there is a yellow flag across the track, how to solve? What line to edit or create to solve this?

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

I think that is the already known bug that also causes AI to do a wrong path in in- and outlap.
    If so, nothing you can do about it, but I like someone to confirm this with safety car and rain.
    If it is not part of that bug, it´s a screwed-up installation. If you´re lucky you can solve this by letting the game create a new Player.JSON.

3. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Have you recognised similar behavior of the AI on other tracks, e.g. stock content? Just to make sure, its a track issue.

4. Gleidson

Gleidson Registered

I've checked this behavior in several mods and tracks, I redid the lines of AI in a specific track (St. Petersburg-Indy) and decided, in the rain and yellow flag, are from one side to the other, making the curve in the middle of the line.

This weekend I downloaded through Steam mod F1-88 and 16 tracks available andsaw that the rain and the yellow flag, not over, make the correct lines without problem.

5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

OK, thanks for update.