AI control after race

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pennywiseguy, May 4, 2016.

1. pennywiseguy

pennywiseguy Registered

Hi,

Is there a way, as in F1C, to have the AI take over control of the car after I cross the finishing line?

I had a look the my player.json and couldn't see any relevant lines.
    It's just as I like to watch the remaining cars cross the finishing line, whilst checking out the race times.

Cheers

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Well this is an "unknown road" but thankfully I have the answer, just don't unplug "The Fuse"...anyway it's "About Time" for the answer so let's go "Straight Ahead"......sorry :p

I don't think so, the only way is to manually let the AI take control, either A or I by default, then watch. But in order to see the times you will have to escape back to the pits quickly.
    If there's nothing in the player.json as you say then it may not be possible any other way.

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Why not just press ESC to get back to the pits and watch it from there? Otherwise you can press "I" to enable AI control (if enabled by the server - probably not), and browse through opponents with + and - key. But then you won't have their times unless you have the HUD or a plugin like trackmap enabled.

4. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Not currently, but would take about 10 minutes to add to the code, LOL

Will it ever happen? Probably not.

5. pennywiseguy

pennywiseguy Registered

He he, I thought I recognised your username. Now I remember your avatar from some other forum!

Yes, I should try using "I". Never thought about that.

Thanks