AI: Clios crash at Croft chicane

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by TonyRickard, Aug 3, 2012.

1. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

The entire field of AI Clios crash at the chicane (roll) at Croft after Hawthorn bend. They were ok in build 90.

2. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

It's a 3rd party track, not supported by ISI and it's not finished yet. It needs new racing line for AI.

3. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I haven't had any major crashes there (yet), I have had AI make a few mistakes. The mistakes I have seen so far (after about 20 laps) have seemed about right. Seemed like they are now more comfortable (as if they were real) racing side by side than they were.

4. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

Vey true but the release notes included improved ai handling of front-wheel drive cars and they seem more prone to rolling over now. It could be a one off.

5. MikeZ

MikeZ Registered

I changed up some AI prediction code that was artificially handicapping front-wheel drive cars by being overly cautious. There is an RCD file parameter ("CorneringCaution") that works in an analogous algorithm which can be raised to make the drivers handle those tricky corners better....but it's inside the talent component & not readily accessible for editing for those cases where the car is being use on a track it wasn't originally set up for...so... I'll have to come up with something. The most obvious "solution", at least in this case would seem to be that the Clio's default parameter (since it can be overridden on a per track basis) needs to be set higher.

6. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

That trouble was not very present for me before build 101 but since this last release, quite all AI cars do barrel rolls and it's impossible to make a clear race or practice...
    Don't really understand the explanation above but I hope this will be corrected in next release...