AI Blue flag

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Philip00, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Somebody checked, the ai allow to you overtake when you laped ai, or allow another ai overtake who laping another ai? This was my biggest problem in RF1.
    Sorry for my bad English

2. MikeZ

MikeZ Registered

The AI will try to obey the blue flag. (When they detect they are under a blue flag, they try to move a couple meters to the outside and slow down slightly. Their reaction time is not instantaneous....but shouldn't be more than a few seconds.) Has anyone seen this? If it's imperceptible, I can always tweak the code to make it more obvious.

3. Philip00

Philip00 Member

I will try today and post it the result:) I hope they(ai) do it like in the description.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

This is one area I haven't properly looked yet, will do so tomorrow and report back.

5. Philip00

Philip00 Member

I cheked this and it's good it works:)

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

OK first problem of AI and Blue Flags:

During a practice or qualifying session they dont move out the way on their Out Lap to allow faster "on hot laps" traffic to come through. Making the AI move over during these sessions is essential espcially during qualify laps. Maybe a way to have them move over further on straights? He does appear to take a slightly wider line through Turn 2 but its not enough, the following straight off Turn 3 should be a place where he moves right over out the way and either brake or not accelerate as much. (Video cuts off before the hairpin but he still did'nt budge!)

Out Lap AI