Ai and throttle management

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by qusimano, Oct 24, 2015.

1. qusimano

qusimano Registered

Is there a way for preventing the Ai to continuosly push the throttle up and down in the middle of a corner? It's a little bit annoyng when you have some Ai on the back, and you hear "BRUU BRUU BRUUU BRRUUU BRUUU BRUUUUUUM"

2. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Why? It's a well respected driving technique and a downright important one with certain turbo cars. It's a form of throttle control that Ayrton Senna made particularly famous too. Plus in any cars with traction control it's automatic.

3. peterchen

peterchen Registered

AI throttle-control could be smoother. Same with brakes: this "flickering-brakelight-syndrom".

4. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

I'm with you on brakes. There's an odd modulation there and it doesn't seem to help them much. My eternal issue with this game is that the AI seem to have poor longitudinal grip (especially on brakes) and excessive lateral grip and this may or may not tie in to it.

5. qusimano

qusimano Registered

The brakes show the same behaviour of the throttle indeed, i don't think it's a question of driving style or traction control. To me look like the Ai isn't capable of put the pedal down progressively, he can only press a button on-off. Let the Ai driving your car and watch his input with Pedal overlay plugin. He use the pedals like a mad :cool:
    I hope ISI will put a hand on this soon or later, it add extra realism and immersion to the package.

6. peterchen

peterchen Registered

AI throttle/brake isn´t 1/0 ! It´s the whole spectrum and they use it!
    For AI-logic it´s simply often better to do full-throttle-on-off (as it is for you sometimes, but sure not to this extend).
    The adjustment for slip-reaction and therefor input controls, is too sensitive. It had to be smoothen out.
    What ISI knows, propably have on their invisible plan but is not high on priority. Maybe it´s not that easy and AI would be slow with
    too much smoothness, - who knows...

And no, theres no such thing as general "more lateral grip on AI than longitdinal". They have the grip that modder gave them and
    long and lat can (must) be set indipendent.

7. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

I don't even know where to begin here.

8. willevans

willevans Registered

That has been a constant annoyance for me too. It was even worse in RF1. I wish they would fix it or at least find a way to paper over it.