AI And Ovals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Termite, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Termite

Termite Registered

Anyone notice the AI on the Ovals? like Indy and Mountain Peak they brake in every corner, after a certain update (build) I can't remember which one, but they became worse, they were ok not perfect by any means but were raceable.
    Its like they can't coast into a corner they have to brake to the point they almost spin out.

2. Squeeekmo

Squeeekmo Registered

Yep. Sometimes they can lap at pace but other laps they all hit the anchors and a pile up ensues.

3. rhamm

rhamm Registered

The AI don't seem to do very well in long corners whether they're on an oval or a road course.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

what Car/mod for AI are you using?

5. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I found leaving the AI to learn for a bit with the DW12 at mountain peak helped.

Still observed them slowing somewhat in a pack but running solo they were plenty fast.

6. SRosswick

SRosswick Registered

I noticed that too Rich, but the funny thing is it's like there's a hard-coded lift point entering turn 3, because no matter how much they learn the track and pretty much no matter what car I run there, they all lift entering turn 3 especially if there's a car anywhere around them.

7. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

It's a AIW track file issue and just can be corrected redoing the AI lines. It used to be a pain in rF1 but now it's worse once there's the unpack / pack thing. As the AI tries to run in a not very well smoothed or perfect line, there's no Calibration enough able to solve it.

Don't forget to set AiLimiter = 0 in PLR file to avoid piles-up and artificial cars pack.