AI after recent update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pales, Apr 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pales

Pales Registered

Is it just me or the AI now broken after this update. What I mean by broken is, they no longer coast in corners, it is just constant engine tap for power and then letting off the gas every 0.1 sec.

Very frustating when observing ai or just going against them, as all you can hear is engine tap every 0.1 sec

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

They've always had that sort of behaviour ever since rfactor 1, in the meantime please provide mod and track used, also if possible a replay, thanks.

Edit: Plus what Strength & Aggression settings you used.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Is it mod and track spacific Ive noticed it alot but maybe i was just using those particular mods

4. stonec

stonec Registered

This is how AI drives in every single game more or less. The way a computer drives is not the same as human and it would take enormous development resources to make the driving style anywhere near a human.

And yeah, both Senna and Häkkinen used this sort of throttle tapping style back in the days.

Emery likes this.
  5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

6. Pales

Pales Registered

Thank you for your comments but have you raced the AI yourself? Just watch them in small corners. Before the patch they would just lift and coast through but now every corner they break every 0.1 sec then put the gas on.

How do I go back to the previous version before the ai update?

7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Are these posts serious? For real?

Btw Automobilista seems to have reduced this problem, I mean it still happens but the braking when this happens is not as strong as in the original code (I dont race offline so I cant confirm this 100%)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    Filip likes this.
  8. stonec

stonec Registered

Yes, for real (I'm always serious), listen to the throttle of video at 1:51. It was speculated that Senna adapted to this binary throttle on/off style due to the delay of turbo spool-up in the old 80's cars. Feel free to read more about this technique here.

9. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Stonec stop defending like a wounded lion!
    Everyone knows this problem since early rF1 days! And the games that you´ve mentioned are propably all rF1 based.
    It´s a very old, known problem that was discussed in this very forum several times and no dev ever looked at it.
    You and everyone else knows that this is absolutely artificial and cant be defended by any Senna or Häkkinen video!
    And noone of you ever knows how complicated or simple it might be to code it otherwise!
    It´s annoying and should be changed! End of discussion.

SPASKIS likes this.
  10. Pales

Pales Registered

Just look at all the other posts flooding in about the ai now. I told you I was right...

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Trying to justify the on/off throttle input from AI is something I would have never expected to read.

Will Mazeo and peterchen like this.
  12. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.