WIP After todays update rF2 won't start

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Alwin-R09, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Alwin-R09

Alwin-R09 Registered

Today after the update the game won't start. It started once, got to the main menu and then the game locked up. Now if i try to start rF2 i see the logo, but the game locks up immediatly! somebody any idears?

Lewbuttoni likes this.
  2. Lars

Lars Registered

Maybe it helps to verify files before starting the game..

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

simple things first. Rename your player.json file. Then restart rF2. 2nd step is much like the first. Rename the UserData folder.

Seven Smiles likes this.
  4. Dylan FASSOT

Dylan FASSOT Registered

Bonjour, mon jeu crash a 80% du chargement du circuit que se soit en solo ou en multi, je les réinstaller j'ai vérifier les fichiers et toujours rien

5. clive lomax

clive lomax Registered

Hi All,
    Have the exact same problem as the OP, did a massive update tonight, game launched and installed all the new packages, game froze on startup and my cursor disapeared so I couldnt quit the game so did a hard restart. now the game wont launch, simply displays the RF2 Logo..

Lewbuttoni likes this.
  6. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

We know about the crashes, and we'll update you tomorrow. So please select watch this thread in the top right corner, and you'll get an alert when someone posts here.

Alwin-R09 and Lars like this.
  7. Alwin-R09

Alwin-R09 Registered

Tried the suggestions in this topic but yhey had no effect. After a few hours fiddling i found the problem. After an hour of rF2 logo the game stops with a video error message. I opened the rF2 video setup and saw that GPU and Resolution was empty and grayed out. I had to put it in mode windowed, then i could set the GPU and Resolution. Then the game started without any issues.

Corti and Lars like this.
  8. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Thanks, first step didn't work, second one did.

davehenrie likes this.
  9. Most of the times a deletion of "LocalStorage" folder does the job for me which saves the work to re-assign all controls (userdata also contains controls.ini); at the moment I recognized that after shutting down rF2 a single process rfactor2.exe remains, which is also shown by Steam.