After the hardware upgrade, the track crashes every time after loading.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by ddooewq, Jun 19, 2022.

Tags:
  1. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

If it was me, I would test the hardware with all the tools I could find.

- Test graphics, 3d mark etc...

- Test CPU for calculation problems.
    https://cpux.net/cpu-stress-test-online
    and find more tools to test it with, maybe over a few hours.

- Test RAM for faults, with more than one tool.
    If RAM work with one module at the time, then test with only one module.
    Maybe try the old ram modules?

- Check to see for voltage drops, https://www.hwinfo.com/

- test harddisk health, and free space.

- check cables inside.

- check if ram modules are placed correct (seated correct)

- do you motherboard need firmware update to handle the new cpu or ram?

- maybe try with older versions of 3d drivers?

- Try with other demanding games

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  2. ddooewq

ddooewq Registered

Thank you for your reply. I tried it without the steering wheel and pedals plugged in, still the same problem occurs. I looked in the event viewer and didn't see the same time error warning. The windows virtual memory setting is the default (automatically managed). . emmm.....My system language is Chinese, But I didn't have this problem before the hardware upgrade, I think it's not my windows language problem. Actually, I tried another solution. I put the track files in D:\steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\ModDev\Locations. and running dev mode, I can successfully enter the track and drive the car normally. I reloaded the track many times, and although a warning popped up each time, after I closed the window, the track still loaded correctly. I suspect this problem occurs because this version of the game is not compatible with my hardware. The uploaded image can see the pop-up window, which should be helpful. By the way, in the picture, I have tried several versions of the game marked, and the problem still occurs.
    Thanks again

Attached Files:

3. ddooewq

ddooewq Registered

Thank you for your reply. Before starting, I chose my discrete graphics card, which is 6800xt. Also ran the game as administrator. The problem still comes. I think this game should be incompatible with my hardware.

Thanks again

4. ddooewq

ddooewq Registered

Thank you for your reply. I have tested the new hardware after I bought it, including load testing and so on. Regarding the motherboard, I downloaded the latest firmware from the official website. Regarding the old driver, I actually used the same graphics card driver before changing the configuration and it worked fine.
    I've tried many other games, all demanding ones, and they all work fine.

Actually, I tried another solution. I put the track files in D:\steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\ModDev\Locations. and running dev mode, I can successfully enter the track and drive the car normally. I reloaded the track many times, and although a warning popped up each time, after I closed the window, the track still loaded correctly. I suspect this problem occurs because this version of the game is not compatible with my hardware.

thanks again

5. ddooewq

ddooewq Registered

The latest trace file. Thanks for your replies.I hope it helps

Attached Files:

6. ddooewq

ddooewq Registered

Thank you for your reply

I tried another solution. I put the track files in D:\steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\ModDev\Locations. and running dev mode, I can successfully enter the track and drive the car normally. I reloaded the track many times, and although a warning popped up each time, after I closed the window, the track still loaded correctly. I suspect this problem occurs because this version of the game is not compatible with my hardware.

thank you for your help.

7. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

In my case, I overclock my ram to 3800, with 5800x fclk 1900, got a random loading error since this year, randomly loading success but change car or track or just again will fail (missing mas or any mesh or texture). And my solution is turning down the memory speed and fclk then nothing happened again. (BTW, iRacing got stuck 3 times in endurance race events with that clock speed.... and now it's ok)....

We (me and Svictor) help the OP to check the hardware and remove settings and so on, just nothing helps, randomly loading success but change car or track or just again will fail. And another user's case is randomly ctd after a spin then ESC out the car. seems also memory related because once turn down the clock he's a little (just a little, still randomly crash) better.... rf2 seems loading everything into memory (like unzip the mas files and so on) so that if any bit error or issue on hardware may causing some problem.

yep, we think that it's pretty hardware related thing, but just too randomly and frequently and anything else have no problems so it's very strange.

Also, because DDR5 isn't that cheap now, I plan to upgrade my PC (or completely rebuild it) at the end of this year..... Hope anything will be fine...

8. ddooewq

ddooewq Registered

I found a special trace file. There are a lot of shader errors in it. I deleted some of the text about the shader error in it, The file should be too large to upload

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Your 4 other trace files have a similar error, and the famous "onFatalError 11" which we can only guess is related to the shader in your case (because there seems to be no way of knowing what that error relates to, and it has been many things in the past).

Doesn't really help identify a cause though.

*Well, most likely seems your own thread title. Probably more likely your specific hardware rather than the hardware with your specs, though.

10. ddooewq

ddooewq Registered

Thank you.
    I plan to wait for a while and hope that the official solution will be released in the future.
    maybe the next official update will solve this problem.
    thank you very much for your help

11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

This is one of the images he posted. Is he using the deprecated old UI? Changing to NONE or even v1125 could fix it.
    [​IMG]

12. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

That warning is nothing to worry about. It's looking for a Realroad rubber file. Just go to this screen and pick 'Green' for Practice , Qualify and Race Tabs.
    20220621132829_1.jpg
    Interesting that your game works in DevMode but not Normal mode.

Could you try see if your game works in Multiplayer.
    Load game In normal mode, click the Multiplayer button and use the search box, and search for one of our servers called SR4L.
    The car and track will auto download if you have not got them. See if you can drive without PC crashes?

@davehenrie That is what Devmode looks like.

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

yeah, and he even mentioned Devmode in his post, sheesh.

14. ddooewq

ddooewq Registered

Thank you for your reply.
    I try to get into this server, I can't get in, it tells me I can't download mods. So I found a new server. On the first try, I was able to get into the server, but when I log out of the server and join the server again. After it was able to finish loading, but the game would go back to the main menu.
    When I try to join the server again and finish loading the track, my monitor doesn't show the game screen. It shows a black screen, but I can confirm that the game is still running and I can hear other drivers on the server.
    I have given up. . whee. . . I'll just wait for the official update, maybe it will fix the problem with my game.
    Thanks again

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

almost sounds like a long distance problem, the ping from (I'm guessing) Asia to other servers may be causing a time-out issue. If you use a laptop, even with more system ram, you may need to assign more system ram to the video subsection(I don't have a laptop so I can't advise on how to do that)

16. ddooewq

ddooewq Registered

A month has passed. Officials still haven't solved the problem. . . so funny。

17. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

What version of the game are you running? The picture you posted looks like you're using an old version, which probably doesn't work with the new content.

18. ddooewq

ddooewq Registered

I have been using the latest version of the game. . I tried to open it today. still crashes. .

Thank you for your reply. .

Attached Files:

19. ddooewq

ddooewq Registered

I've tried everything that works. . Some tracks and cars still crash the game. . The game crashes when loaded to 100%. For example, Laguna Seca, Ferrari GT3 GTE, Formula PRO, IndyCar IR18, Silverstone. . . These tracks and maps will crash the game 100%. But some tracks and cars don't have a problem. . Weird.

20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

One user with new gear, and it's the game? rF2 is certainly picky, but if it was the game that needed to be fixed by the devs, then dozens of us would have the same issue. In the end, it usually is something that got scrambled and needs replacing, like the player.json. Just a matter of tracking down what is messed up.
    By latest version, that means you have chosen the NONE option correct?(I hate that nomenclature)