After 15 years of uninterrupted racing every Wednesday, we ran out of racing last night.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JParra, Feb 25, 2021.

1. JParra

JParra Registered

This has never happened in our community, since 2006 when we started our journey with NR2003 Season, then with rFactor 1 and the latter with rFactor 2, we have always managed to overcome the inconveniences and not miss our appointment.

But rF2 beat us last night and what had to be a great start to the season with the Stock Cars at Daytona ended 2 hours of hundreds of unsuccessful attempts until we decided to call off the race.

Our server (Windows) was in good condition, our internet line was in good condition (300 Mbps up / down) we even tested the mods on several servers (CMD rFactor) that we have installed, but there was no way.

As soon as we got closer to 14/20 players, the game was closed to the playerswith an "rFactor stopped working" and expelled them from the server.

Previously we have raced more than 20 players on that server, entire championships with road tracks of all kinds and Mods made by the community. That is why a simple track like an oval (Daytona International Speedway) and some simple cars (Mod Nascar 2016 Skins) both installed directly from the Workshop without modifications, all these errors seem so strange to us.

We still have to investigate the logs to try to find the error, but I will not deny that since the change to the new UI and all the bugs that have come with it, the feeling of people is that we are in the worst time of rFactor in terms of game stability and after last night's problems, spirits are very low.

IF anyone knows the solution to the problem, I would appreciate any help, but this post is more aimed at trying to reflect the mood that my community has lately regarding rFactor 2.

We have been loyal to rFactor from the beginning and this is the first time I have seen people so unhappy as I'm worried about the future.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    Corti and McFlex like this.
  2. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Maybe you could share the log files here? Makes it a bit easier to help you

3. JParra

JParra Registered

Hello and thank you for responding so quickly.
    I had the trace activated, so I'm identifying the log that she generated when she kicked me out. In my case it was only once, but there were many attempts by other users, so I have to see which one it is

If you can tell me what word to look for as text to identify it, it would help me find it faster.

Thanks.

4. JParra

JParra Registered

5. redapg

redapg Registered

@JParra Without to want to blame anyone, i would suggest to first make a Test with only 1 original S397 Car and 1 original S397 Track.
    No 3rd Party Skinpacks, Track Updates,... nothing.
    Does the same Problem appear again?

And the "onFatalError 11" appears in many Cases and wasn't specified by S397 yet, as far as i know.

delaosa27 likes this.
  6. farfex

farfex Registered

Since the new UI is mandatory, rFactor 2 has been drowned out with a lot of bugs and problems, and it seems that nothing is being done from s397, despite launching new payment content...

7. atomed

atomed Member

8. JParra

JParra Registered

Thanks for answering everyone.

I can test what you ask me and try to load an original Mod and circuit, but I have to get more than 15 pilots to enter the test, because as I comment, the most serious errors occurred when I passed 15/16 pilots on the track.

I will try to test and report the result.

In any case, even if I solve the problem and deduce that it was a problem with the car mod, the circuit or our server, I wanted to record the general malaise that currently surrounds rF2 and it is not a matter of my community, I know that it is widespread.

Since our transition from "NR2003 Season" to "rFactor 1", we have never experienced a time with most this instability on the game.

9. atomed

atomed Member

I feel your pain, but we have to be aware that some problems come from the official side and others from mod-track inconsistencies. We have to identify the problem first to know who we have to throw the stones to :p

10. JParra

JParra Registered

I repeat that I have not identified this particular error and it may still be the fault of the cars, the track or the server.

But it is undeniable that rFactor2 goes through a moment of instability and that creates an unpleasant basic feeling that is not good for dealing with other problems.

In my community we run with rFactor since 2007 and I am a very cautious person when it comes to throwing stones.

And since 2007 it is not a saying, here you can see our trajectory and the amount of mods and circuits we have gone through, both under ISI and with S397 and although we have had small problems and bugs that we have been solving, I never came here to throw nonsense stones, in fact, I don't think I've done it now.

What cannot be denied is that the general malaise is evident and the problem of last night the straw that broke the camel's back.

Whether is a rF2 problem or not, have that instability makes people annoyed more easily.

11. atomed

atomed Member

I agree, a little bit of stability and ease of use would do miracles because the potential is so huge, hope you are able to solve your issue.

12. Minetas

Minetas Registered

I think that nobody here has the intention of throwing stones, but far from the problem we have suffered with Nascar, it is true that since the new UI was updated there have been many problems that have come.
    In my personal opinion, and I think that of many users, things that are not so necessary are being prioritized, such as uploading new content, vehicle categories, competitions ... I honestly see more important to have a stable environment.

Some errors that I have replicated in my case (and that I have seen more users) have been:

- In VR, when you go out on the track you can see a frame around what would be the 2D screen.

- Disappearance of servers.

- "rFactor2 stopped working" an error that before did not have with the old version, and that has already destroyed a career.

- Connection lost, for no reason, since we maintained an internet connection.

- Have a setup assigned, check it before the race, and when you exit it loads the default.

And I could go on, but I am aware that these are things to be solved, but it is annoying to see that bugs are reported, and only receive content updates, in my view, less necessary.
    Hope you don't see it as destructive criticism, we're just trying to make the community take care of itself a bit.

Nick9320 likes this.
  13. lagg

lagg Registered

Hi @JParra
    We had that problem in the past and was due to the bandwidth.
    We got the conclusion that the problem can happen by two causes.
    • The bandwidth assigned in the rF2 server.
    • The guaranteed bandwidth of your ISP.
    You can have 300Mb symetrical but this can be the maximum.
    Check what is the minimum bandwidth (download and upload) that you have contracted with your ISP.
    It's possible that due to the traffic your ISP has limited the speed temporary.​
    Take a look to those things.

14. redapg

redapg Registered

@JParra As said above already, there can be many Reasons for such a Problem.
    So it's always a good Way to try it with original Content only, to see if that works properly.
    And in your Trace File the last Line before the Error was
    290.51s vehgfx.cpp 458: Entered AdjustVehicleLiveryMaterials
    And you mentioned that you did use a Skin Pack, so that could be a possible Reason.

15. Comante

Comante Registered

And the issue can be with a specific skin, for this reason the problem happen only with many people into the server.... because Murphy's law.