Aero penalty after repairs, body repair, Senna GTR Damage inconsistent, Rejoin issues.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Matheus Machado, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado Registered

So, I had a number of issues in a 2h race at Le Mans for VEC. If I am supposed to make it into a separate thread for each, let me know.

First, the car had a bottom out while still having 6mm to spare. Usually and every time I bottomed out at indianapolis, I could clearly see it in the data later, this time it wasn't so obvious, especially as I used the kerb to have extra room below the car in the compression. I have attached the files so you can see it.

As a result, I had some slight damage (dark blue suspension and front spoiler, not the wing, the one behind it on the hud), went for the pits and car lost about 7 kph of top speed, even though full repairs were done. It was the same thing as we always had until it was fixed in one of the new GTs, so it seems the issue is back in the Senna.

I went for some repair bug testing afterwards and found out that repair body does absolutely nothing. It eats up 66 seconds, made the colors in the damage meter change but car performance was the same. Then repair all took haf the time (66 seconds) and again I couldn't feel a difference, meaning that suspension damage is probably not as it should be, as steering is really similar with a damaged and non damaged car.

Then had a freeze which put me inside someone's Senna. Car was blue all around but didn't feel anything, went for repair anyways to see if the top speed issue would finally be fixed with no success.

Then I went for the rejoin workaround which gave me back the normal top speed, as it was the case in previous cars and versions. Fuel and tires apparently carried over normally, although I have my doubts if thermal degradation was reset. The flatspot the tires had certainly was reset, as there was absolutely no vibrations.

Setup screen wasn't locked after the rejoin, not sure if it is intentional or not. The upgrades and car selection were locked as expected.

Although, realroad took 3 laps to work normally. It showed the usual corrupted file behaviour, S1 was okayish, S2 was full of marbles on the track, S3 had patches of black hole levels of dark rubber build up and completely green ones, completely random as well, often showing a rubbered square completely outside of the racing line. I could definitely feel the difference between all the surfaces that were shown in the visual side.

I have attached on the link, the trace, realtime loggings and motec file generated by DAM plugin. Settings were lowest apart from rain drops on low, player detail on high, textures on medium and anisotropic at 16x.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1R_8_ubjaa53o6ct4xXQzjOpy7V7L7Z1o

Jeremy Talbot likes this.