Advice to buy new race wheel+ pedals

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by muzikant, Jul 12, 2018.

1. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

There have a been a few people that have tried DD-wheels and responded with "meh" but, I think most owners agree that they are worth it for those that value what they offer. In my case, both systems have far exceeded what I hoped they would add to my Sim-racing experience but, now the quest for even greater immersion continues . . . ;)

2. muzikant

muzikant Registered

Hmmm read the forums about the new DD from fanatec....not a DD for me...very expensive:D

patchedupdemon likes this.
  3. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I really think they will price the DD1 near the AccuForce base model; it's just that the auctions could get out of hand initially. I'll be interested to read user reviews when the time comes and I think more choices is good for the community.

muzikant likes this.
  4. sg333

sg333 Registered

I can't believe people are ordering them already, with nothing more than the shabby release stream to go off of. NO reviews, delivery not until December (if that, knowing Fanatec) and they have the cheek to charge an extra €299 for an additonal two years on the warranty. Its total madness

5. muzikant

muzikant Registered

Yepp true.. and after december you must wait a half year because there enough wheels in the factory.
    Have someone experience with accu force... plug and play? Support from games?

On the moment i go maybe for a fanatec wheel base 2.5... csl elte pedals lc of thrustmaster tc pc with elie pedals lc

What is a good shiffter? Fanatec? Or other stuff?

How is a accuforce dd... on a rseat1 flex?

6. muzikant

muzikant Registered

I mean not enough wheels in factory ;)

7. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

For 400 Euro more you could have a accuforce v.2 with duralmold rim and adjustable button box

The fanatec in my opinion is way to close to that to be viable

Accuforce 1258 Euro
    Fanatec v2.5 849 Euro

muzikant likes this.
  8. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

As I posted earlier: The AccuForce's strength lies in it's tuning versatility through SimCommander imo. There are some titles that just don't provide very good FFB through the game-settings and having the ability to use telemetry-based FFB can transform any title with decent physics into one with very good FFB. I much prefer SC4-FFB over Dirt Rally / Dirt4 FFB - no contest. Obviously, the AF's 13nm of torque can be a limitation but, I find it's enough in most cases.

The system is very easy to setup and SimCommander can even create a custom FFB profile based on samplings of your laps in-game. It is robust and powerful software than can seem daunting to learn but, with a simplified approach and reference to guides, it becomes pretty easy to understand and tune; it also includes SimVibe if you want to add tactile feedback to your rig. Tuning FFB can also be done on the fly in many cases for real-time tuning. SimCommander is not required to use the wheel; it can also be tuned via normal game-FFB menu's.

I'd rate the service and support as being very good although, not always fast being they are a small team but, the SimXperience Owner's Club forum is a good source for information and assistance from fellow users. You can also access and download other users custom game profiles to try.

The AccuForce v2 is one of the most compact DD-wheel systems available so it is probably one of the lightest ones you can get. I have no experience with that race frame but, I used the AccuForce mounted to a desk for the first couple of years without issues but, the torque you use may be the bigger factor over time. You can always run with lower force settings and still enjoy great FFB or gradually increase it to get used to it and gauge your rig's integrity as you go.

muzikant likes this.
  9. muzikant

muzikant Registered

Read everything about dd on the internet.... fanatec wheel base 2.5 and wheel or go for the dd... ffb not to strong for me is good enough.. in my new rig.. maybe i go for thrustmaster... little maybe but i dont know. Take my time
    Thanks for your help boys ;)

10. whitmore

whitmore Registered

For immersion the step into Accuforce DD was something that any user would find simply amazing. All the things RaceNut points out are on point and I agree 100%. 13nm is way enough to wrestle with. For those of us that are always looking for the perfect feel the SC4 software is great to use. For me the wheel was $2000 AUD landed. They recently had a major discount going on not sure if has finished yet.
    For midfield racers like me the DD wheel will not necessarily make you any faster but the smile on the face and sheer enjoyment is worth every cent I have put into the wheel.

RaceNut, bwana and muzikant like this.
  11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Man , and here i was about to order the Fanatec CSP v3's as an upgrade from my CSR Elite pedals that have about 3 years on them !
    There's is nothing wrong with my old CSR Elite pedals but really just wanted the Fanatec clutch mechanism ! Now i don't know what to do ?

Those PT2's look fantastic but will set me back near $900 AUD compared to CSPv3 of $500 !

Just out of curiosity , have the CSPv3 inverted fixed the issue with the load cell ?
    Not that i will buy them because at that money i could just get those PT2's !

12. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I haven’t even looked at the inverted v3,but if the brake assembly is the same but just inverted then I would put money on it,that the same issue would be there due to the rod being housed.

Are your pedals loadcell ???

If so I wouldn’t even bother upgrading unitl they break.

The clutch mechanism on my v3s is a novelty,doesn’t add much to anything,I’ve never been able to match the mechanism to a bit point in any sim

Due to you being in oz.its tricky to suggest anything because of how much that fact adds to any product

Honestly if you really want a new set,the new csl elite loadcell are way better than the v3,without the flaws and gimmicks.

I don’t know how much they would be for in oz though

Crazy money for you to get the pt-2 in oz,but you would never have to upgrade again,but having a sim rig/chassis to secure the base plate to is a must

muzikant likes this.
  13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Yeah , my CSR Elite's are load cell and are (touch wood) working perfectly .
    Not being able to match the bite point was one of my concerns on the CSPv3 so to hear it's a gimmick is a bit sucky but maybe also a blessing as it will probably save me some money .
    It's just i've got this $500 whole that i want to fill but just don't know what to put in it , lol
    After watching Barry's from SRG review the CSL Elite i think i will give them a miss as my CSR Elite seem as good but with a lot more adjustability . Maybe i'll just invert them .
    It seems the PT2's are about $900 delivered , same as the inverted v3's and the stock v3's are about $500 delivered .

The only real thing i was keen on the v3's was the clutch pedal , the silly motors , now that seemed a gimmick but seems i'll just give them a miss altogether now and just play as is for the time being and save the money for if and when nVidia finally release something that'll beat my 1080Ti then :)
    Thanks for the heads up as i have never really seen bad reviews on the v3's till tonight after your post and a bit more research !

14. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I managed to find a used set of HE-Pro pedals (with clutch) in like-new condition for about half the cost of new (when considering shipping). Good deals come along but, one has to be patient and ready to pounce when the opportunity presents itself.

The same thing happens with wheels and it's a great way to offset the shipping cost in many cases. With DD-wheels being so reliable, issues are not likely and they are bought and sold quite often if you know where to look. iRacing is worth a trial subscription for the forum access alone when in search of hardware upgrades - especially for high-end stuff. Also check the ISRTV forums.

muzikant likes this.
  15. muzikant

muzikant Registered

Thx RaceNut! I reading everything on the internet...
    I have patience...on the moment it is to worlds v.2 de whole fanatec old school packaging or Osw en go for waterproof future.

Good video!

16. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I worked out $680 AUD for the PT2
    $399 +$105 (delivery) = $504 USD = $680 AUD

17. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Since the beginning of this month aren't those bastards in Canberra applying the GST to all online transactions?

F1Aussie and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  18. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Arghhh. So what's that, another 10%.
    So $680 is now $748?
    I can now see how the $900 was done.
    $399(pedals) + $89 (baseplate) + $110(delivery) = $598 USD
    $598 USD = $805 AUD + $85 GST = $890 AUD

You might as well get onto Brett at HRS and see what he can do a set of HE Pro for.
    https://www.facebook.com/HybridRacingSimulations

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    2ndLastJedi likes this.
  19. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Man , I was all set to just sit on my CSR Elite pedals , lol
    But still might .....
    When I have $900 I'll just flip a coin and see what to do , buy the pedals or hold the $ for nVidia ! Also depends on how fast the next GPU's are .
    What a problem to have hey :)

ADSTA likes this.
  20. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

What's wrong with the v3 pedal? I have one for over a year and I have no problem.