Adjustment of View Height

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by RobHedley, Jun 11, 2014.

1. RobHedley

RobHedley Registered

Hi fellow RFactor2ites,

I am in the process of building a full 180 degree dual projector simulator (Build Thread Here). The problem I have is that I need to move the whole in game screen down to get the wheels in a realistic position. I have turned off the cockpit and I am showing only the wheels and suspension but due to the bottom of the screen being about 12 inches off the floor the wheels are still floating in mid air. I could solve this problem by having the cockpit (which is a separate cockpit the driver sits in) raised off the floor but with the current set up would mean raising it up by about 3 feet which is ridiculous. I don't need to get the wheels so that they appear to be touching the floor but I don't want to have to use a step ladder to get into the cockpit!!

I have tried using the seat adjustments but that only gives me a small amount of movement. I am sure I have read on a forum somewhere that you can set the default camera height in a config file somewhere but I can't for the life of me find the post.

I am sure one of you genius people will be able to answer

Rob

2. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I've just finished reading your thread. Amazing. I'm so jel.

Not sure if there is, think it maybe different for each car mod.
    You could try making a small tweak to the Pitch setting, a Line in your Player.plr file.
    Code:
    Seat Pitch="0.00000" // Cockpit camera pitch orientation (degrees)
    Try changing it to 2 degrees, more if needed.

Or..
    You could press the Free Cam button (default is U), then use the 'Cam Move UP' and 'Cam Move Down' keyboard buttons. You will first have to set theses buttons in your controller mapping settings.

3rd option is to mod the car. But you would have to spend 3 days learning how to mod rfactor2 so I would not go there just yet :D.

For the white road lines try change another line in your player.plr:-
    Code:
    Texture Sharpening="0" // Sharpen textures using MIP LOD bias - 0=Off, 1=+2.0(very blurry), 2=+1.0(blurry), 3=-1.0(sharp), 4=-2.0(very sharp), 5=0.0(auto)
    That should make them look a bit better.

DJC

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2014
  3. RobHedley

RobHedley Registered

Hi DJC,

Thanks, yeah it has turned into a labour of love. I will finally have sometime to do some more on it this weekend.

Thanks for the advice. I will give them a try.
    Rob

4. MrPix

MrPix Registered

Rob,

When I setup my screen (165 degrees from a single PJ) I had the same issue and tweaked the seat pitch to help with getting the right seating position and have the road disappear underneath me.... but alas, altering the seat pitch more than a degree or two just makes the angles of the sides of the car and the perspective all wrong in cockpit view.... I guess from what you have written, if you have no intention of using cockpit view, then this may be a way forward, but it didn't help with me.. I ended up making a new screen to match my wheel with the in game wheel and my seat pitch at 0....

Project Immersion < if you want to take a look.

Paul

5. RobHedley

RobHedley Registered

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply. I will give it a go and hopefully it will have the right effect. You are right in that I am only displaying the wheels and suspension that the cockpit wont be effected. Just had a look at your set up, very nice and I like the amount of information on the website.

I will let you know how I get on.