Adjustable Onboard Factory Car Settings

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Alexease, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Alexease

Alexease Registered

Adjustable/Fixed Onboard (and Garage) Factory Car Settings:
    - TC
    - ABS
    - Turbo/Boost
    - Cockpit view pitch/tilt

2. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

+1

Much like the iRacing and AC way of doing aids :)

3. Domi

Domi Registered

- Differentials

4. Adrian

Adrian Registered

You can already set this in the engine.ini files when building a mod, you can set the number of steps and how many Pa per step. You also need to map the inc/dec engine boost button to use it.

5. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Is there really no way how to adjust TC and Diffs onboard?

6. Domi

Domi Registered

You can adjust TC and ABS with the Fx keys, but differentials are not adjustable, sadly. Would give a lot of life to F1 style cars...

7. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

what is Fx keys pls

EDIT: oh you mean the aids, ye .. true

8. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

That is kind of the point I believe. the aids which are controlled with the Fx keys are the core sim aids. However, in other sims there are also the car specific aids.
    For example some form of ABS is available on some racecars and they do use it. Having this 'seperation' so to speak, would allow you to run a server with all aids off,
    except the car specific ones which should be always available since it's just a part of the car. Not that you have to use them though, but that is just an example.

And yes, diffs, torque map, sweet jesus if only... driving in the wet with all settings for dry for example is just a bit silly, would like to lock the diff under accelerating some more and lower the torque map
    to make it more drivable! Green track? Lower torque map, less torque in the same pedal travel (very much exactly like the sensitivity control setting mind you!) All of these
    things are available on real wheels more and more, I really think we should have the same possibilities. We have full ARB functionality already, I fail to see why other options
    aren't implemented yet or why no action has been taken, or simply no response given. For me this is still the pinnacle of racing sims but missing out on this type of control,
    while the slogan "customize, control, connect" comes to mind is annoying :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014
  9. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Well, the "core" aids on Fx keys are car specific, each car has its own TC and ABS and other settings in the car .hdv file, so you set how much of TC do you have when you are on LOW,MED,HIGH TC for each car individually, and the same for ABS.

10. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

There is a difference between a generic TC or whichever setting (low, medium and high), and 12 position dial on the steering wheel like on many steering wheels out there.
    This is the distinction I mean between core and car specific :)

edit:
    And before the counter argument is going to be, when do you need 12 positions and when are you going to adjust it? Counter-counter argument/question in rethoric
    fashion, how many times do you adjust the brake bias or ARB per lap?

11. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

I wasnt not going to counter argument you as i agree with you :-D but to answer your question, brake bias max twice a lap and that is really max, and ARB.. i just dont know what that is

12. Domi

Domi Registered

From what I remember from the iRacing forums, realistic TC is something very difficult to achieve, because racing teams use very complex algorithms, and they won't share them most likely.

Totally agree. Anyway if I'm not wrong someone already asked about adjustable differentials back in 2012 or so and was completely ignored... so I wouldn't dream much.