Adding weight to a car

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by river, Oct 3, 2018.

1. river

river Registered

Hi there I was wounderin if there is a chart or a way I can calculate weight for drivers as a panilties I no you can add weight just wondering say 50 kg = ? In secounds this is for a v8 Supercars as well thank you in advanced

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That depends not only on the cars, but on the track. If the AI drives decently at the track you might get a gauge by comparing their times at different weights, or you can get a consistent driver to do a run of laps at different weights and try to get a feel for what it's worth.

I haven't watched supercars much recently so I don't know if they say how much time some amount of fuel is worth, in the F1 they'll usually say 10 kg of fuel (~13.5L) is worth around 3 or 4 tenths a lap, but it depends on the track. Those figures are arrived at by the teams I think, either using an AI-like simulation or what they work out with their drivers in the simulators.

river likes this.
  3. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Just to add. Back in rf1 we use to use weight ballast all the time. You had to test every mod to see how they respond to weight depending on how the suspension and physics were made. Some are good some are bad. Sometimes weight up to a certain amount helps stable the car and actually makes it faster.
    Once you work out what weight actually slows you down you can then work out what you want to do. The max amount of weight is 250 or 300 kg.

river likes this.