Adding multiple drivers per car

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DustySticks, Feb 3, 2019.

1. DustySticks

DustySticks Registered

Hello,

I am trying to create multiple drivers for alt liveries I have made. I can create one driver per car no problem, but when I try and create another driver the files get created, but the driver never shows in game.

My process is the exact same as when I get the first driver and I even tried using another livery DIR from the game to get the 2nd and so on drivers to appear so I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

philmcqueen likes this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

if you are using the same base car, i.e. the S397 original, then having multiple 'alts' in the same folder may be causing conflicts. Try using the 2nd alt skin from another car of the same make.

3. DustySticks

DustySticks Registered

I might not have been clear enough. That is something I have tried and it still doesn't work. For instance the Aston Martin I have an alt on the default livery and an alt on the R Motorsports livery and I can only get one to generate a driver regardless if I switch the alts between the cars and regenerate the names.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I was just looking at that, to see whats up. I have to head out on errands, but I'll do some 'trying' later this evening.

5. DustySticks

DustySticks Registered

I can send you the .dds files if you would like me to

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I've been trying to add a car using the TAG Aston lime green GTE skin. I have been able to REPLACE the original driveable car, but not have it as an addition to the Aston group. Somebody smarter than me is going to have to jump in.

DustySticks likes this.
  7. DustySticks

DustySticks Registered

Thank you for trying to help. I've been looking everywhere and I have never seen a solution posted :/

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

There is a possibility this is a bug affecting two of the cars. Hopefully a fix will appear shortly.

9. DustySticks

DustySticks Registered

I was able to solve this issue by naming the second car XXaltalt. For some reason doing that allows for multiple drivers and have them show. I am assuming if I want 3 of a certain car I'll have to name it altaltalt.dds and if I want 4 I'll have to do altaltaltalt.dds etc.