Adding data to the Tuning screen

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by ceecee, Aug 9, 2017.

1. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Does anyone know how to add data to the Tuning screen ?
    I am building a Mod where I would like to select tyres in this screen but nothing appears after adding TBC files.
    Probably I am working on the wrong file, anyone ?

2. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

This have to be done using the Upgrade.ini files to see elements in tuning screen.

ceecee likes this.
  3. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Hi MaD_King, thanks for the reply !
    I have been trying this all day, unpacking the mod, adding data to the upgrade.ini and nothing appears in the Tuning Menu.
    I checked similiar mods with Tuning and the info is much the same.
    Triple checked the data (or more) but this has me stumped.
    I read that TrackConfigsBase.ini should contain data, this did not succeed either.
    So AI cars remain on Hard when I need Soft.

4. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

You are in ModDev? I'm not sure if the Upgrade are well managed in ModDev (I remember I notice that in the past).

5. ceecee

ceecee Registered

No, not in ModDev.
    Just extracting MAIN.MAS and working from there.
    But the Mod does not seem to recognise any data in the Upgrade.ini file as if this code is missing.
    I have been comparing it to a similiar mod where Tuning info does appear but do not get very far.
    There must be a line somewhere in a MAS which should point it to the Upgrade.ini but I cannot find it.
    What I do notice is once the upgrade.ini has been changed and loaded, some of the cars have Inters on the right and Hard on the left for a short distance before it reverts to Hards.
    Weird stuff this.

6. dylbie

dylbie Registered

I'm not 100% sure, but you'll need a line in the upgrade.ini which references the HDV tyrebrand line.

Best thing to do is find a mod that has tyre upgrades in the tuning menu, and pick it apart and see how it works.

Off the top of my head the Howstons have upgrades which change the tyres. Those file may be locked encrypted though, in which case try one of the modern 3rd party F1 mods as I think they have tyre upgrade options.

7. toebee

toebee Registered

The MAS file is just a container of other files. No lines of code in it. The VEH file should reference your upgrades INI file.

ceecee likes this.
  8. ceecee

ceecee Registered

I explained it wrong but your tip for the VEH files is interesting, thanks !
    I meant the upgrades.ini
    Update : Many Thanks, your info pointed me to the problem, //Upgrades=Upgrade.ini.
    But I still do not get any data in the Upgrade/Tuning screen after removing //

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017