Adding a DRS-light possible with 3dsimed?

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Navigator, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hi guys,

I've got a steering wheel without a DRS-light.
    There are leds to find anywhere so that is no problem, but how do I get it in there?

There are no Motec files in the entire mod, so it must be done without that. Other cars in the mod, do have a DRS light and I can't see how its activated...... I don't see a DRS line in the cockpit.ini?

Anyway; I would like to ad a light, but just doing "add material" in 3dsimed does nothing. When I save it; its not even there later on when I reload the .gmt.
    Also; it has to be in 3 steps (right?) being: off, orange, green. How do I do that? The .dds I see in the other wheels, just have a "slot" in there where the light should go light up in, but I see no light.dds

And the last one; how do I activate the light and where do I do that?
    If all is even possible in 3dsimed......

Thanks in advance!

2. osiris32

osiris32 Registered

You can take the FISI DRS lights and apply them to the car. The materials have to be named the way they are on the FISI, as that is how the sim tells it is a DRS light. There is no cockpit settings.

If the DRS light is a part of the wheel (I think it is), in 3DSimEd load the wheel gmt and do Split Objects by Material. That will seperate the light out, delete all the other objects and then export the gmt object and make sure to export the textures as well. Make sure to merge them on your wheel or dash or whereever you are putting the light OR add the drs light gmt to the GEN file. You can merge objects by exploding then saving the model.

3. Jancsi

Jancsi Registered

I was gonna try your first step which is to load the wheel gmt in 3DSimED3 and do Split Objects by Material but the option is greyed out...

4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Did you loaded the .gmt as object?

5. Jancsi

Jancsi Registered

Ah I didn't know that option even existed, I always did regular import, thanks Juergen!

By the way, I'm a newbie with 3DSimED, what is the proper way to placing an object on the surface of another? I just clicked on "Add object" and grabbed the .gmt that I want to add to my steering wheel, but it seems there's a lot of trial and error involved in adjusting the position so that it looks attached to my steering wheel, not sure if there's a better way to do that.