Add new teams in a Mod

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Jeferson Richart, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

Hello everyone

What is the best way to go adding new teams to the mod over the championship?
    I try to do an update, but strangely even selecting all the cars to make vmod, when I open the server, some are not listed. And have not found a logic for cars that were left out of the list.

Anyone had this problem? I searched the forum and found nothing related.
    Have any other way to add new teams?

Thanks

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

This is a know bug with the MAS2 tool. It's been reported all over the forums for a good 6 months now. There was a line in the change log for 930 about possibility fixing this bug but it's still a problem.

3. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

I've no problems with update packages in a Vmod in build 930. Adding/replacing new teams. All OK!

The car filter is fixed too.

4. Jeferson Richart

For me in the build 930, had the same problem. Any previous build it to work properly?

5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I am referring to the bug where vmods are missing layouts/vehs. Nothing specific to updates.

6. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I've been using the MAS2 from 798 without problems.

7. Jeferson Richart

Thanks

8. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

I'm not using the mas2.exe from build 798 any more. So i think it's fixed.

Only once with a custom rfm. But i cleaned up my ~MASTEMP folder and the .cch files. After that it was OK with custom rfm's. :cool:

9. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I always use custom rfms and the last time mas2 from 930 failed me I cleaned up the ~MASTEMP folder and it worked fine after that. So maybe the bugged version left something behind that had an impact on the newer build. So maybe it's fixed after all. I guess I will put 930 back into my build framework and see if it works consistently.

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

FYI, I just had a failed vmod with the MAS2 from 930. So this bug definitively isn't fixed yet.

11. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

:(, I will migrate to 930 tomorow, so I will let the 798 mas2.exe in place ;)

12. Frenky

Frenky Registered

It is definitely NOT fixed. I have this problem with my F1RFT2013 mod v1.22, both with tracks as well as with vehicles, with every build of rF2 that has come out since June 2014. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. It annoys me a lot, as making a mod of 3.5 GB takes me more than 1 hour. If I then find out in-game, that it doesn't work correctly, then it is a real let-down. Sometimes some tracks are not listed in the mod, sometimes vehicles are not listed. But they are there if you select "all cars and tracks".

What I tried was to open MAS2.exe as administrator. But that didn't help either. Even reinstalling rF2 lite didn't help. I also manually deleted the "Userdata" folder (with the *.cch files) as well as the rfm file. Didn't help either. Long time ago I read that the MAS tool has some problems with mods that are over 2 GB. Maybe it simple cannot handle such large files correctly (???).