Add a car contact filter to replay viewer

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Will Mazeo, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Just an idea for maybe make life of league admins easier
    When loading a replay make it load the log file of that race, and add an option to show car contact only (not all contacts because the game logs when you hit a cone or invisible objects). Together with that allow peopel to choose the "strenght" of the contact they want to be viewed (or whatever is called the number from it that goes from 0.01 to 1.0). For example, in our forum we check contacts above 0.60, anything bellow that needs to be reported by members. Ofc if something is like 0.55 I'll check too so maybe add a variance to that number. The accidents would appear in the time bar like the yellow lines here re.jpg

And with that you add a "Next" and "Prev" buttons so peopel can go from one to the other (time and player involved in the accident) faster.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  2. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Hi Will,
    Can you explain a bit more in depth please ?
    How do you load the log file as well ?

make it load the log file of that race, and add an option to show car contact only

3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Well in log file you have all the info, if that info could be added to replay would be great, could even expand and show moments people got a penalty, positions were changed, yellow flags, etc.
    That's up to the devs to figure out how to add it but I don't think it would be that much work, the log file is pretty complete. I use rF2 Log Analyzer to view things, it has an option to only show contact between cars.

4. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Will, I misunderstood you, I thought this feature was already implemented.
    I also use the great program, rF2 Log Analyzer for the server.
    Now trying rF2Replay Manager to overlay the fastest laps, very handy to compare lines.
    These programs and a few others are really what gives this game its depth, my many thanks to all those responsible !