Activations trying to test another system

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by datanode, Nov 21, 2013.

1. datanode

datanode Registered

Hi there, it has been a long while playing rfactor on one of my machines, a HDD died I reinstalled. No problem.

The only relevance to my actual question in the statement above is, I believe I have used two or three activations.

I made a rescission a while back build 0. Something ... That I would use this computer it, at the time seemed faster however the other computer, I realise now has upgrade scope. Without spending thousands...

I do plan on getting a newer system shortly, but I could just get the graphics card roughly that I want now and enjoy the sim a hell of a lot more.

So what am I trying to do now? :) well, I have installed vista 64 (compatible to my normal machine) and have got it ready to install rfactor2... But I don't want to cock anything up and want to do some in depth analysis. I could start with the demo? But what if I want more?

I am in Europe and don't want to deactivate my main machine for the sake of seeing if something works. As the investment in gfx will not be cheap...

Can it be activated on both? Oh how I wish I could deactivate and activate myself :p

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You don't deactivate a machine. Yes, you can use it on both.

Our FAQ covers this a bit:
    http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2help/

3. datanode

datanode Registered

I feel a fool for not reading that. Thank you Tim, your help, as always, is appreciated.

4. datanode

datanode Registered

With everything reasonably low, I got 15-20fps... So that is a tough one to understand if it was all gfx power, i still think it is.

Need to try a 7x series card now rather than an old7800 gtx sli system. But I halved performance with sli enabled :p

If only I could just try it, failing that it will be ram, cpu, mobo and graphics card... :/ boo that's half the new system I wanted!

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

For sure disable SLI. :)

6. datanode

datanode Registered

I am shopping around already, albeit virtually and dreaming !