activations all used up !!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BasJon, Feb 1, 2013.

1. BasJon

BasJon Registered

Okay Im hoping tim will read this I just reinstalled my game today as I have been away for a while giving the game a break as was hoping for it to come out of beta and be a full release, anyway I got myself a new pc so did all the reinstalling only to find when I start the game it tell s me I have run out of activations huh I bought the life time copy my activations should be unlimited what is this so now I cant play it says click here for support but the link times out !! This is another thing with this great game thats is a massive let down for me, I had exactly the same problem with rF1 I like to upgrade my pc alot I am always formatting my choice so Im always re installing my games, I was told the very same with rF1 after a few years of playing I had ran out of activations and if I want I can purchase the game again seriously this is not right !!!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2013
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's not how rF1 worked. You could email them and get 5 more activations, without fee, as many times as you wanted. I'm presuming something similar applies here.

3. BasJon

BasJon Registered

Lazza I know that as I said I bought rF1 on release day and I was given a total of 15 activations over the 3 to 4 years then they said no more all gone !!!

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ok... you didn't really spell that out. I've heard of people requesting quite a few without issues... no personal experience.

Word of advice... and you may not care... but attitude goes a long way.

5. BasJon

BasJon Registered

Yes I care just a bit gutted at the moment but didnt realise I was giving out attitude just was trying to show Im peed off

6. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Do you still have all your information on the old system? If you do then you can browse to the appdata folder, which is only visible if you set your system to show all files and folders and not hide system folders, and look for .rfactor folder. Copy everything in that folder and put on your new PC and you will be up and running again.

7. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

I think you are missing what Lifetime means.
    With a Lifetime license you have unlimited online access and auto updates, but the reactivation system is the same for all the users.

What link is timed out?

You have to mail at

support @ rFactor.net (the correct addrsss is without spaces between the @ sign).

In the mail, place your number order or the mail-address you used for the game login.

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The message telling you what it told you should have also told you what to do. You have to do that. :)

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

9. BasJon

BasJon Registered

Max if what you are saying is I have unlimited play and updates but not unlimited installs every other game I have the disc or the game on steam or origin and I can download or install as many times as I like as the game is mine I purchased it to play I have never seen a game saying you may only activate this game so many times, and yes tim it says contact renewals@rfactor.net if this is going to be the case that I cant do a fresh install when i like considering the game is still in beta and not full release its really putting me off.

10. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Well beta is not for everyone and it seems you should wait until a later date.

11. Thomas

Thomas Registered

Really Guys, why are u doing ur licensing/activation thing that way? Why dont give everybody unlimited activations...? thats so odd. And its so hard (i cant even describe how hard) to reinstall a game and notice, that ur not able to play for a day or so.

I had this issue with rf1 a lot of times. For example i had a league race on a sunday evening. On sunday morning i decided to reinstall windows cause i had some trouble and wanted to be sure that i wont have these toruble in the race. And then u realize that u can't drive the league race cause u were out of activations. That pissed me off a lot during my time in rf1.

So, why do u make life so difficult for us?

12. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

If you are only reformatting do a simple backup of your .rfactor folder located in appdata and you wont have to re-activate

13. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Even Windows has a limited number of activations without having to jump through hoops. This is not a new thing that is being done. There is software out there that looks at your hardware and if it see's any significant change from previous installs will refuse to activate as well. This is likely to try and cut down on people's desire to share their software with others instead of having them buy their own copy.

14. osella

osella Registered

It is, and at the same time it's a disgusting measure limiting customer's freedom. You bought a product called Windows (TM), not Windows For Your Athlon64 with serial number xxx. :mad:

I personally bought legit Windows AND then pirated them too because it's less hassle with everything that way.

15. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

While this has never been a problem for me, it does seem to crop up quite a lot, maybe a warning should pop up at the 4th reactivation so users that haven't backed up the relevant data can email before they do their reformat (or of course back up their .roaming folder) :)

16. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Real classy. Maybe you have pirated version of rF2 as well?

All of you should get mad at the people who pirate(steal) software, not the people who only want to protect their work and the way they earn a living. Some of you in this thread have no clue.

17. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

No, i am saying that, in my experience of 7+ years of support @ italian customers, users have unlimited play, updates and reactivations, but that, in order to minimize piracy, the activations are given in blocks of 5.
    When you have used the 5 available activations, mail to the ISI support and they will reset to zero, in few hours, the status, allowing 5 more activations ... ad libitum if the customer doesnt abuse of the license, for example sharing it with other users.

18. BasJon

BasJon Registered

Yes that is fair max but I can promise you I still have the emails saved from rfactor and in 2011 I mailed them for 5 more activations and they told me sorry no more I can purchase a new license if I want to play just dont want this happening over again.

19. osella

osella Registered

I have had no issues with legit rF1+2 whatsover so I have no reason to pirate it, and hopefuly never will. If a developer of any sw decides to use some kind of antipiracy measure that actually harms legit users though, I have no moral issues bypassing them and never will :)

20. osella

osella Registered

Now just tell me you're one of those sheeps who believe that if person X downloads software worth $1 million that it's equal to stealing $million in paper money. Where is written that if he didn't rip the software that he would actually buy it? Almost every gamer downloads games worth thousands every month but should they buy those games, they would only buy 3 or 4 titles per year..