Acc is Simcade

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Tommy2Fingers, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Tommy2Fingers

Tommy2Fingers Registered

i just drove Acc and i can't believe how bad it drives, like a tank with terrible epilepsy effects. Now i see why they abandoned Ac, to team up with 505 studios and churn out a new release every 3 years like Project Cars. Looks will sell it though. Just happy we still have rf2, ams,and ir. What do you guys think?

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  2. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

For me, the realism is much too weak, the interest of having only GT3 is prohibitive for me, the GT3 of rF2 are so realistic that I have no interest to drive those of ACC, and especially .......... ACC physics are so much worse than those of rF2 and AMS ................. I do not see the interest of collecting race games : just use the 1 or 2 most realistic.

But let's collect !!!

vegaguy5555, Badboy and Tommy2Fingers like this.
  3. VirusGR42

VirusGR42 Registered

I may have refunded it already and therefore haven't driven the newest update, i have to say that ACC is pretty damm good. The physics and ffb feel very good and it is a definitely something that i wouldn't really characterize as simcade. Now how realistic it is i cannot comment on that. I simply have never driven a gt3 car in my life and if we take as benchmark rf2 gt3 cars then acc version is something equally good. But i have to say that comparing acc and other games gt3 cars may not be the best thing since the bop is different from game to game.

FAlonso likes this.
  4. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Bop doesn’t affect the tyre model or physics

Badboy likes this.
  5. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

its early access
    i hope they make it better in the future but at the moment it has flaws and doesn't attract me to drive.

6. VirusGR42

VirusGR42 Registered

Yes but what it can affect the power and the weight of the car and in general how a car feels

7. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

It’s still not enough to completely change the characteristics, when people compare, it’s the physics, fbb and tyre model, bop will have very minor affects to those , unless the weight and Bhp are differing hugely between The compared cars.

8. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

I have never driven a gt3 car in my life also real or not... no comment...I can only say that rf2's GT3s give me more fun and more driving pleasure
    for me it has nothing more than RF2 except that it is the Official Blancpain, it is prettier in some aspects but I find it visually very cold and without relief!!
    I find Paul Ricard visually awful.

almost the same point of view

ACC (epic & AA temporal) o_O
    [​IMG]
    the blue and red lines in staircase mode that glistens...in game is worse!

RF2 by Digga (thanks my friend!!) :)
    [​IMG]

@S397 you really have to make an effort on the cockpit!!!!!

9. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

I think it would be a great package if they include something like the full Euro GT4 category, but only Gt3 and...those tracks, always the same tracks again and again...

10. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I was big fan of R1 (first release) in september (though first impression was bad), for me it was pretty awesome, but so many players were unhappy mostly because it was "not like AC", though it was much better. SO they tuned it a bit back to AC, which was majorly seen as improvement.

Naturally I was trying to discus if R2 was really an improvement. I was attacked by fanboys, some disagreed in mature normal way which was kool, but mostly fanboys were rough and very simpleminded. And then they banned me for few days. After that I still tried to make a discussion about the issue, but this time on different part of the forum and not touching precious ACC, I got similar reaction and got banned for good. So signs to me show that simulation is secondary there. Fanboys are more important. But it is good for me because I had not enough focus for other simulators, certain simulators.

I'm sorry for Aris and Stefano they are great guys.

I only drove R3 for very short time, had some issues, but... can't say anything for now. Just that there are issues now.

I think ACC is going to have great multiplayer system. I think UE4 is overrated, it is powerful, but not natural. Physics are either be kept in AC phase forever with slight improvements. Or they will try to gradually implement the good stuff, which seems to be refused.

As for final touch I wonder if they will still implement a rubbered/smooth tarmac effect for wet weather. They were considering it for R2 already, but perhaps it is too much a challenge for masses, well I suppose it is big challenge for AI as well.

So far it looks like thunder belongs to S397 and Reiza.

Godwind Racing and TJones like this.
  11. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

PS I thought that S397 Mclaren is too easy, easily going faster at Silverstone than AI at 105, which was 2'03-2'04...

Then I checked laptimes of Worlds Fastest Gamers (Simracers in this case), and then checked qualification laptimes of 2018 Blancpain... Yeah...
    both 1'57'xx... 6seconds offpace :D Seems fair, will have to try harder :D Thats a simulator.

Emery likes this.
  12. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I think this difference is either better tire from pirelli or track conditions, there were no changes in the cars for the past years.
    And Pirelli tire is about 4~5 seconds slower than the tires in GT300 for example.

13. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

14. fbiehne

fbiehne Registered

Seriously...threat titles like these. You just can shake your head.
    The almighty my sim is better than your sim debate. Kindergarten style at its best. :rolleyes:

Dookie, UsedMomo, Emery and 3 others like this.
  15. stonec

stonec Registered

The ACC screenshot would look better if blue component was reduced by 25%. I don't understand this latest trend of using massively blueish haze everywhere in sim race games. In the rF2 cockpit screenshot the main problem is colors are too close to black, so it's hard to distinguish the details.

Regarding ACC being simcade, it's pretty much a useless term. rF1 has no better physics than ACC and rF1 people are still calling a sim. I think GT3's are easy to drive in real life as well, so Kunos probably didn't need to fake them that much easier to drive, which maybe was the case with some AC open wheelers.

VirusGR42 and mesfigas like this.
  16. Emery

Emery Registered

I often wonder how much the voices of the "I'm never using the factory assists" crowd affected that design decision? Seriously, refusing to make use of the available TC, Stability, and ABS is just plain silly when they're used in real life.

17. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

indeed those cars are made to use ABS and TC heavily

18. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Some of the reasons why this car acts like this is that the drop-off past peak slip angle or slip ratio happens quickly, and sliding friction is like it is. Also self aligning torque of steering as rear slips is not too much imediate, otherwise driver would be working hard faking this, rather than trying to keep it straight while obviously applying too much power and load for obvious show purposes. Looks like TC would be smart there in case of racing.

This twitchyness is something that many drivers finds "unenjoyable". I like it though. And I hate the idea that it can be neutralised in order to make car more comfortable for many who are not determined to tame the car by using actual skill. That is opposing the simulation.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  19. Emery

Emery Registered

Kunos have a major amount of work still ahead of them. I will only make one comment on the physics since I don't own ACC (and won't be likely to own it until there is triple screen support): at this stage, UE4 required compromises in physics rates & triggers, but no worse than what we are used to having with beloved sims from the previous decade.

Graphically, UE4 looks fantastic in most situations. The downside is it goes cartoony, too saturated, under certain bright sunlight conditions and has that flaky temporal AA. Kunos doesn't have any dirt buildup and I don't know if that's in the plan, but it's one extra touch that's desireable with the fabulous rain effects.

There are a lot of people that have expectations far beyond what ACC was stated to be from the outset. Blancpain GT3 is all that ACC has ever been touted to be, yet it is often being judged for what it is not.

20. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

What I think is good and what I wish for RF2, it is simply that simracers can deactivate these aids if they wishes it.

As a simracer loving the challenge, the first thing I do in the garage is turn off these aids if I can, because they go against what I'm looking for my driving.

But it is necessary that these aids exist in RF2, for those who wish it and to simulate reality.

It would not be normal for them not to be there.

But let the simracers disable them !!!!!