About cockpit view settings URGENT!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RafBR, Mar 18, 2012.

1. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Also it's like two value to change on the projection matrix plus key binding...., so not load of work for ISI.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2012
  2. Adventour

Adventour Registered

Do anyone know if ISI have implemented the eye level adjustment?
    Is it in the Orientation Offset inside each vehicle mod .cam file. I have tried to modify the Orientation Offset value i.e. from -0.03 to -0.12, doesn't seem to make any difference.
    Now my horizon still looks bent.

3. fullsus

fullsus Registered

Option ---> key to control seat Fwd and Bwd ,Up and Down position.

Key is set center of real and sim wheel to the same position by approximately the height of real wheel at the same level with sim wheel.
    I think it's the correct position.

But need to adjust everytime with new car.

Please add option to save cockpit view position for each car.

4. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but in game if you hold shift and and the FOV adjustment, it adjusts the pitch of the viewpoint. (it might be Ctrl I'm not sure).

5. Adventour

Adventour Registered

Thanks Full Sus and Green Serpent.
    Where is the option to save cockpit view for each car?

6. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

For rFactor2 there is a way to set the seat pitch for every car. It is in the Userdata/player/player.json file, Line 485

"Seat Pitch":7.5,
    "Seat Pitch#":"Cockpit camera pitch orientation (degrees)",

That is what my tilt is set to and it carries over for every car.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  7. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

+1
    There's some great ideas and info here. Thanks guy's.
    But just as fullsus has said, It all goes to not as soon as you change car/mod and your starting again to set it all up.
    Would be a fantastic plus if we could save these settings for each car like we can for the wheel profile.

I like the idea of setting your Look up/ Look down I read here but the down side is you need to use the mouse at times and having the mouse moves assigned to LU/ LD function would just be a pain.
    I have a rotary switch ( have 5. 1 on wheel) but one that's not really doing anything as yet. I'll have to try it with LU/LD and see what happens.

fullsus likes this.
  8. Adventour

Adventour Registered

I've tried all the in game seat adjustment, seat pitch, up, down, forward and background, but this does not solve the problem of offset between eye level and center of rendered image.

In iRacing, this was done by Shift + [ or Shift + ]. I want to know if this can be done in rFactor 2.

iRacing have setting for pitch, seat up, down, forward or backwards, similar what rFactor 2 has. But in both sim, does not correct the distortion as the center of rendered image is not offset.

If you have triple monitor, try sitting a bit proud or slouch and see the the horizon or any straight line across center and side monitor, that is the distortion I was referring to.

Alternatively I can shift my monitor up so the center monitor is at same height with my eye, but want to know if this can be setup in game.

I think the Orientation Offset in .cam file is the parameter to be changed, but don't know why changing it doesn't give any effect.

9. bwana

bwana Registered

9 out of 10 in a VL commodore with standard rims on the back and no hubcaps. meth heads