about 1 second freeze

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Pablo11, Sep 4, 2017.

1. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Marcel from Studio397 already answer on of these questions about freezes. His suggestion is to do a clean install of windows and use exclusively for rFactor2, unfortunately the sim is too sensible, anything can disturbe the quality of your gameplay.

2. Pablo11

Pablo11 Registered

Unfortunately after few days of testing and doing official race deleting shaders and cbash and also turning off replays did not help for me.
    Still getting freezes :(
    My next steep might be fresh install of windows but i dont like doing that.
    I have two ssd drives and i keep rfactor on seperate drive .Windows on another. So im not sure installing fresh windows will help.
    Also when i switch to windows 10 before freezes were there so im not optimistic about that.

Already i replaced all parts except motherboard and cpu. In tye future i might be changing them when the new cpu coffee lake comes to the market .
    It is frustrating if i have to do that without finding the solution and what if the problem is still there.
    Any other sugestions are welcome guys

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Pablo11 I think what ebeninca was referring to, was having a separate install of windows that you ONLY use for rF2. No office programs, no chat programs, etc etc. Just dedicated to rF2, to minimise background tasks interfering.

The posts above would suggest there is an issue though, perhaps known, so there may be little you can do to eliminate it.

4. elbo

elbo Registered

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

6. stonec

stonec Registered

I think most VEC drivers are still running DX9 as they probably want to use plugins such as trackmap. The upcoming transition to DX11 as default in a couple of weeks will be a big milestone to see if users finally adapt to DX11 on a large scale.

From my past experiences DX9 had all kinds of freezes and issues on Nvidia cards, especially on modded tracks and/or tracks that had night lighting. I have yet to experience any big freeze with DX11, all I've seen during my fiveish league races have been some microstutters once or twice a race, which made no difference. So for me DX11 definitely runs smoother.

7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

This problem still happens in DX11. What the OP videos show is the CPU bug when rF2 runs out of real time, or whatever is called.

8. Kevin van Dooren

Kevin van Dooren Registered

I had this problem as well for a while, the strangest thing is that i have 2 pcs which are identical except for one having a gtx970 and the other a gtx1070. Software wise what is installed, and what might be running on the background, is identical. One of the pcs had this problem and the other one didnt. The only difference i could find after some checking was the anti aliasing settings in rf2 itself. The "freezing" pc had anti aliasing on 4, the non freezing pc had anti aliasing on 1. After setting the freezing pc to anti aliasing level 1 I haven't had the problems for a few days. This might be in line with the shivering problem when anti-aliasing and fxaa are activated at the same time.

Hope this helps, Gr Kevin