Ability to use used tires

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by MarcoSaupe, Nov 28, 2018.

1. MarcoSaupe

MarcoSaupe Registered

Hi

yesterday I tried a setup in a long run and noticed, that it was fine with fresh rubber, but very unstable towards the end of the stint. I would have loved to just change one thing on the setup and go out again with the same rubber to see if that cured the problem.

So I'd like to suggest one of these options:
    a) Button in the Setup Menu that says "Use previous set of tires" - which then mounts the last set of tires you had on with less than 100% rubber
    b) an option to choose tires at 100%, 75%, 50% or something like that, maybe only active in free practise

I'm not suggesting to implement management of a specified number of sets to recreate e.g. F1 - I like to keep my suggestions simpler to increase the chance of them beeing implemented ;)

torig, 4F0X4, Raintyre and 4 others like this.
  2. DanielK

DanielK Registered

I’ve always wanted to be able to keep and reuse sets of tyres. +1!

3. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

Limit the number of available tyre sets in a session (practice, qualy and race) as you can do in Automobilista would be an nice feature. Then in pit or in the pit stop menu, decide what set to use. I always use it offline but have not seen it being used online.

A minor step would be the option to go out again on the same set if you returned to pit.

4. torig

torig Registered

This is a great idea.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

as long as you do not retire to the garage, you can instruct the pit crew NOT to change tires. However, if you are making setup changes or using other parts of the menus, then that method would not work.

6. AMillward

AMillward Registered

AMS has the option to only have a certain amount of new tyres which forces you to ration them. Would love to see that in RF2.