AA doesn't stay on

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ricknau, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Nvidia Control Panel (and Inspector) have setting of Application Controlled. I set it in-game to level 4, click apply, screen blanks out for a few seconds then comes back. In race I believe I see the AA effect. I exit back to desk top. Restart rF2 and in-game setting has reset to AA off.

If this has been talked about I missed that thread. I have never messed with AA until I got a new video card so maybe it has been like that for a long time.

2. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

That's odd, I also have Nvidia control panel set to application controlled and my in game AA setting stays on. I'm not sure if it will make a difference but have you tried using the configure sim button from the launcher instead of the in-game setting?

3. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

That did make the difference. If I activate it from the Configure Sim it sticks. From in-game, not. And I don't have to exit all the way to desk top to loose it. Just back out to the Launcher.

Thanks for the tip, I'll just be sure to use the Configure Sim.

Edit: Let me add on the subject of AA that the Level 4 seems to look nice and I see almost no hit in FPS. That's what made me start checking to see if it was really "on". Was puzzled to find out that sometimes it wasn't. But then pleasantly surprised to see that the FPS dropped very little when I did confirm that AA was in fact activated. I'm falling in love with my 780ti!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014
  4. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

That's something I experiment too from day one. From launcher or even in game if I set NO AA or level 1, 2 or 3 it will do the same thing: return to NO AA when I return in those menus. The first setting which stay is "Level 4" and above.

5. Coanda

Coanda Registered