A small "insight" in what's to come

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nimugp, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Hey guys, I just saw the rFactor 2 twitter account retweeted an interesting article. The article was posted on a dutch sim racing site (in dutch). They have had a meeting with their racing club, and had a special guest in the form of Marcel Offermans. Most of the article is about what was said in that meeting and a lot of it has more or less been told/shown in the roadmap's. However, one part I found very interesting, and I decided to translate it for you guys (I did my best to translate as good as possible, but might not be perfect everywhere ;) ) :

"Marcel could give a small hint about new content, albeit very cautious. A big number of tracks and cars will become available this very year. Possibly there will come a high-end Formula car, although the last licences are still to be signed. Behind the screens the car has been finished for a while though.

Also an agreement has been signed with 'Circuit Park Zandvoort', so we can soon be driving on an official version of the 'dune circuit'."

"There has also been talked about so-called DLC, that probably will make it's arrival, and can be bought through steam."

Full article (in dutch) here

So without it saying to much, I feel like it gives bit better insight in the plans of Studio 397 for the near-ish future. And also, as probably expected by many (and I believe it was more or less mentioned in one of the first roadmaps) DLC looks very likely, although not 100% sure/confirmed yet. But at least one more new track licence is now known, and as a Dutch I like this particular one!!!

traind, kimbo, kimikaze and 12 others like this.
  2. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Ik ook ;)

3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

What is "DLC"?

4. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Downloadable content :)

Can be obtained with or without micro-transactions...

Navigator likes this.
  5. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Of course! Didn't come up with that one, thanks!

6. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Hopefully Zandvoort comes with a historic version.

PaulG, Tony, kimikaze and 2 others like this.
  7. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

I'm very interested in Zandvoort, fantastic track.

traind likes this.
  8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I always thought it was Distributed Licensed Content...i.e....ya pay for it. I don't have any proof, that is always what popped into me head when I saw DLC.

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Zandvoort was my favorite GPL track, because it was the first place I learned to use the weight of the car rebounding off the springs, to help turn the car. Going up that hill and dipping the car into the apexes and having the springs compress and rebound was an amazing experience.

traind and kimikaze like this.
  10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Sounds very nice, I'll buy everything you give us S397 :)
    Although the Zandvoort we have now is great, possibly the best looking track in rF2. But if S397 sell it I'll buy it even if it's just to help fund the future. Bring it on.
    @Navigator i thought you where joking about DLC, lol

traind likes this.
  11. Jake Loewenstein

Jake Loewenstein Registered

thank you for the translation!
    I look forward to more official tracks from the new crew. NOLA is excellent.

12. Tony

Tony Registered

Oh yes please, the original track was just something else ..but we're lucky it still exists & even in it's modern guise it still has some of the character of the longer version :)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  13. kimbo

kimbo Registered

NIMUGP thanks man for your work!!!

14. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

16. PaulG

PaulG Registered

If it were up to me, "comes with a historic version" would be uttered with every single track ever mentioned. I just feel like old cars + old tracks are a lot more fun. Old tracks have such great flow to them. Of course, modern F1 cars would chew them up, but I don't like modern F1 cars any way.

Emery, David Kolody and Guimengo like this.
  17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

brilliant , thanks, theres lots of free DLC (some is top quality) , paid DLC would be welcomed as it could mean top quality maybe even laser scanned tracks etc

others + AC have been doing it successfully , I think a mix of free & paid works really well
    (unlike iracing which is all paid only )

traind and bwana like this.
  18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Same with R3E , They give "Free" weekends for one car and one track ,lol that all us regulars already own .No "gift" for us that have spent $130 odd on all content .
    rF2 ,AMS and AC all seem to mix paid with free content pretty nicely . ( i'd buy it all anyway)lol

19. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Registered

Stowe. That was a whole 1.7KM of free track you are forgetting!

20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Oh yes , i did forget that one ,lol out of $130 one free track (layout , not even the whole track) is pretty good , i guess .
    Thanks S397 for Nola , GT500 , USF 2000 free all in 3 months and only $35 for all other content . I really need to give S397 more $ . Bring out some DLC .
    EDIT : i gave Sector 3 more like $150 total ,lol and that little ripper sits there untouched :( Well at least it has flags now and about 1/4 content has been updated to latest model . Yay

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    WiZPER likes this.