A question on the UI. New or Old? Poll

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SmellySkidmark, Dec 24, 2020.

?

Which is the best UI and why?

Poll closed Jan 3, 2021.
  1. I like the NEW UI best

47.8%
  2. I like the OLD UI best

41.3%
  3. I don't care

10.9%
  1. Denis Takistani

Denis Takistani Registered

but i will try again i next update... for now the old UI running its enough for me.

Corti and SmellySkidmark like this.
  2. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Registered

This is part of the simulation :)
    When you join a real team, expect multi-nationality and english as official language. :)

To be honest, I'm 51yo and since i was 10 (back in 1980, the year I join middle school in Portugal) I knew english was going to be essential. Those who did not understand english, were left behind (see the internet content - by the time something is in portuguese I already forget the lessons learned that in english).
    That could be the last thing to change in rF2, imho.

ps - German could also be deprecated :D

3. AngelofAttack

AngelofAttack Registered

The old UI is much flat, much easy to access.
    I work on human interface for aerospace, I think I have idea on what is good to use, and the new UI is nothing close. I really don't care how "morden" it looks, some my side projects are done with win98 UI framework and they works fine.

4. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

Lol
    Your speech does not stand up. Before, there were major languages for all pilots in the world. Now only two. Don't you think that pilots who don't have their own language now are in trouble? Also because I did the translation into Italian, and now all the work of years of updating has gone up in smoke. I understand that if we need this new interface to make the rf2 potential increase. But the work done for this new UI seems to me very approximate and full of problems. I myself being an IsR admin, yesterday I helped several of my drivers to solve various problems with a new UI. Not speaking that rf2, it would have other priorities, such as resolving the chronic problem, one of these is pit stop, where there is still the possibility of having the same box !!!!! I have known RF since 2005, so I think my opinion can be objective.

Babs :)

Slow Motion, Corti, TJones and 2 others like this.
  5. lagg

lagg Registered

S397 said that there will be more languages support in the new UI.
    I hope so.
    We have been less problems because rF never has had an official translation to spanish and the unofficial one can cause some strange troubles. Then many people uses thye english version in our champs.

6. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

Hi Lagg Mate ;)

I have used my translation (Italian) for years and it never gave problems.
    When it releases a major update like this,need to be perfect.
    At least I work like this, or it's perfect or it won't release !!!!!!
    Both the dialogue with studio 397 is null, so we just have to hope. I don't see why because of them, every day I have to help many people to fix their rf2.
    As always, I gladly help everyone, but my time wasted because of someone else seems very bad to me.
    And I'm also sure they knew this update wasn't right, and they're using all of us as testers.

Then release this update during this holiday season ..........

Badly Babs :):)

7. lagg

lagg Registered

Hi Babs :)
    Hope they translate the program soon to other languages or they gave us a way to allow the addition of new languages.

Corti likes this.
  8. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

They MUST update the new UI to read the translation files.
    I've been working on the Italian translation for months, and I don't want all my free work to be lost.

Furious Babs :D

lagg and Corti like this.
  9. Tom Lory

Tom Lory Registered

After returning to the old UI from using the new UI for a week, the old one feels new and improved.

Until they fix the functional problems with the new UI, I'll be switching back and forth with the new UI only enabled when I want to try the Competition System.

Denis Takistani and Slow Motion like this.
  10. syntryx

syntryx Registered

New UI is slow and unresponsive. Can’t run multiplayer as is it logs me out of the server about 10 seconds after it joins. Was fine before the 24th December hotfix.

Denis Takistani and Slow Motion like this.
  11. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I would do it so as well since I have more likes for older UI. But one thing worries me. It seems to me that by switching UI every track loads like for the first time again, building realroad most likely. Could you confirm it ? Or someone. If it is true then lots of UI switching will just make rF2 less enjoyable.

12. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

I choose don't care(anymore) The ui is slow, blinding, overloaded. I could live with that, others not. Just had 2 Guys removing RF2 because of Whitescreen, ffb broken, wheel not detected right and questions like "where do i change the Cars and tracks ?"
    I have >1800h in rf, but now i also lost faith and drive ACC most of the time, there is no fun in supporting RF2 anymore

13. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

Well after 3 weeks with the new UI I've had enough, I'm back on the old UI.
    It's just harder to do most things, too many things still missing, it just does not flow easily, has wasted space and then uses up to much space on various screens.
    Long live the old UI !

SS

Denis Takistani, rand777 and Corti like this.