A question for painters who can recognize colors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Apr 15, 2023.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I've been catching up on the 8hrs WEC race at Sebring. The Car Guy Kessel Racing GTE Ferrari looked to have a two layer paint scheme. Most of the time the car looked to be a flat yellow, very similar to recent Grello schemes for Aston Martin. But when a camera would stay on the car, you could see the color change to a brilliant green.
    So two questions. Is the base color, the yellow, the same shade as used by Aston Martin?
    And can rF2 display a shifting color scheme as what appeared on the Kessel car?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These images look different, could be time of day or completely different shades. Art Appreciation is NOT my forte`.

2. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

To make an educated judgement without seeing both cars next to each other in reality is very difficult. Going by your pictures I would say that they have completely different basecolors.

This whole topic is actually pretty interesting and complex. I recently read about car paints in general as I had to mix paint for my own car wich is difficult as that kind of paint isn't permitted anymore due to the age of the car. Even cars that have a paint by manufacturer specs can look different due to variance in the production process. Paint will also evolve with age and weather effects. Not so much an issue for racing cars though. They are very hard to judge though as the TV cam or photos give completely wrong impressions. Anyone who has seen a car with Marlboro paint scheme in reality will agree on this. I haven't seen a single game paint scheme that get's the flashiness of that bright orange right.

Anyway, effect paint should be possible in rF2 with the new carbody shaders and using metalic flakes. Depending on the sun and light condition this will give the paint varying appearance.

davehenrie likes this.