A New rF2 format

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vegaguy5555, Sep 30, 2018.

1. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I know Studio-397 just did a massive update with DX11 and VR. I don't mean to cheapen that beautiful hard work in any way or sound ungrateful.
    rFactor is the best handling sim hands down but it needs to go a step further to being a finished product for the general public.
    Could rF2 be rebuilt for the Unreal Engine 4 piece by piece starting with one track and one car and sold as a new format sim without changing the name?

I would just like to see a finished rF2 (no matter the size at the start) and Studio-397 get paid. Is there legal problems with this line of thought?

2. Emery

Emery Registered

LOL! You do realize that ACC currently has troubles with latency, don't you? Adding layers of latency is not what rF2 is about. Be patient and watch the shader transformations happen.

3. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I heard about that. They still haven't got it figured out?

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Changing graphics engine isn't just about file formats. You're creating different threads but this is all tied together. Something that set rFactor apart from most games is that it's 'driver in the loop' - driver input is taken into each physics loop, and graphics is built on top of that. I imagine it would be difficult to adapt one of these available graphics engines to fit on top of that and avoid extra latency (which is what Emery is talking about) or they probably would have looked into that instead of continuing to develop the existing engine. At the end of the day converting graphics formats isn't a difficult thing to do, so they would have gone that way instead if it were feasible.

5. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I can only think of a sim being labelled finished when either a new version is released and no more updates to the version before, or developer's company has shut shop with no one wanting to takeover.

Filip and vegaguy5555 like this.
  6. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

So that's why rFactor has so little latency.
    I would buy rFactor again if it was rebuilt. I don't expect anything for nothing.