A new moderator ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mantasisg, Sep 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Nah, discord is chill. The instant conversation is fun to have and when there's events on having the live conversation for updates is very useful such as things regarding servers and all that.

guenther and Remco Majoor like this.
  2. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

This is very unnecessary post.

juanchioooo likes this.
  3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

as you said +1

4. Binny

Binny Guest

i enjoy your roadmaps but you are not giving enough feedback on the questions most commonly bought up in your forums, maybe tell us about VR, physics, ECT... that is always mentioned here. time for a roadmap the ppl want to hear about rather than the 1s you have with no information about anything your users really want to know about. right now VR is crap and i dont use rf2. its break time till its done you have been updating graphics and it feels like you could not care about optimizing VR for your users when up dating graphics, is it really that hard or are us VR users not worthy of a fix? also what about info on the new staff and if it will speed things up or what they will actually be working on to improve rf2. IMHO its about what the ppl are asking for and what you are doing to resurrect those issues.

5. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I mean, it's quite well known that they have it on the to do list, but that it takes time due to resources and priorities. What more do you want to know?

trichens likes this.
  6. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

I think it's best to make these comments in the Roadmap threads if you have feedback.

7. Binny

Binny Guest

like everyone else sometime of time frame if they are actually working on these common things that are mentioned. is it to much to ask for feedback im sure they like it, so would the user. Also where is this so called list ? how about some transparency on it, at a min we would know what is being done even if it was only issued to the user twice a yr as im sure it would be bound to change.

8. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Personally I think it's just impossible to please all the people all the time.
    Over the years we have had people stridently suggest that the urgent priority is above all else; Multiplayer, single player, content, laser scanned tracks, laser scanned Nordschliefe, new DX number, competition system, clutch improvements, different power steering simulation, physics and tyre modelling. All of them are worthwhile don't get me wrong. However someone will always be unhappy shouting from the rooftops about why. Not everything can be number one priority especially when unlike some sims we don't have to pay quarterly to rent the base game. It's just that when the current priority isn't your personal priority it's not a reason so start conspiracy theories. The communication to us users is better than ever thanks to @Paul Jeffrey. I'm having a ball (and getting my arse kicked) on the Competition System weekly. From my perspective RFactor2 has never been better and never been as ambitious as right now. Keep up the good work guys.

9. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding here. Especialy my post wasn't about requesting feature XYZ at this point, but ignoring - and I will admit that ignoring is maybe the wrong word - but how some development steps are prioritized.I fully understand that rF2 is a very complex product and I would be the last one to claim something else. I also don't think that the communication is bad or not transparent enough and despite it's faults I am still enjoying the product. But I am not blind and I simply don't understand how gamebreaking bugs can persist for so long, if new other features are implemented along the way. The situation with FCY is just the prime example: it's been five years, just let that sink in a bit. How that wasn't fixed before other new features (like overlays) got implemented is simply not understandable. No foliage shader in the world will help you if users ragequit after five restarts in a singleplayer race. The most recent example is a sound bug that was reported during RC and got shipped into the public build for what ever reason and hasn't been fixed for months. Stuff like that would/should require a hotfix.

Btw, this post is by no means a negative rant or anything and I think I often enough wrote comments that are on the positive side, but there comes a point when you simply have to squeeze in bug fixes. And you can't delay stuff like mentioned above with comments like we first have to finish the UI that took five years, the graphics engine that took five years and please users with phrases like: you will have to wait a little bit longer and we have no time frame while there is seemingly enough time for esports and VIPs. Those VIPs drive anything where money is on the table. And this is where some die hard fans have pulled out the pitchfork in the past when people left the ship for other so called inferior products - by some people called simcades - to simply have fun somewhere else like the Raceroom online system.

MotherDawg, Kelju_K, Binny and 3 others like this.
  10. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Very true!
    And I love this sim!
    But what this man says is absolutely true!
    +1

11. AMillward

AMillward Registered

the priority is always the bit THEY want worked on. The priority should be a 2008 spec f1 car, or FWD road cars or grass or clouds or…

12. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Listen guys, you can say as much as you want that there are priorities, that S397 legitimately chooses them, and that those priorities aren't suitable for all users.

I think you are forgetting the main thing :

We are in a simulation, and not just any simulation, which is probably rightly considered to be the most realistic.

What is ABOVE ALL a simulation ??
    It is to simulate.
    The notion of realism is totally essential.

The improvement of the physics engine associated with the updating and realism of the S397 cars SHOULD have been at least in the top 3 of the priorities, and even over 5 years the top of the top priorities.

EXCLUDING :
    Simulated realism (physics engine etcetera) has NEVER been in the top 3 of S397's priorities....... IN 5 LONG YEARS. You cannot say otherwise.

So yes, from a "simulation" point of view, and rF2 is a simulation, we have the right to be extremely disappointed, even frustrated, damn it !

MotherDawg, Dady Cairo, Binny and 2 others like this.
  13. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Visuals need to be simulated as well ;)

AMillward and Filip like this.
  14. Binny

Binny Guest

Last thing i will say is im on my break from rf2 like Christopher Elliot suggested till VR gets fixed, as they are doing graphics it would have to be on their list surely (PRAYING). i will also appreciate any other fix update that s397 has done when i come back. Meanwhile i will always check back here to see what's going on and being said by all.
    If I'm wrong about VR getting fixed as they are working on graphics it will be a long wait/break. I will pray I'm right.
    Yes i have other issues with the sim but this at the moment is affecting me more than anything and i will not go back to using a screen.

memoNo1 likes this.
  15. boxer

boxer Registered

On discord every other response is a pizza recipe or a barrage of gifs in attemp to drown peoples' comments. Forum is far more organized.

16. AMillward

AMillward Registered

That only happens when the conversation has gone round and round and round in circles, and the same points are being made with the same responses. It stops the conversation just becoming a 'no u'-thon.

17. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Which is also interesting, as pizza hasn't been mentioned since mantasis and vitto left

18. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Keep this style of conduct to discord.

In my own defense, I am not the worst guy when it comes to discussions about many simracing related topics. But perhaps exactly that makes me persona non grata. Sometimes you should just read the community before expressing yourself. You can't have proper discussion with primitive or radical minds, it is mistake to even try it. Even bigger mistake is to expect some sort of respect for your willingness to discuss and share ideas, especially if it does not amplify status quo.

Wise and smart guys one by one chooses solitude, it is not worth it anymore. In internet and in real life in general. It is better than being reduced and have your energy drained, time wasted. And if you will get it right a few times, you won't get any credit, you'll probably even remain bullied if you got to that level already.

Advice to everybody who feels unwelcome and not appreciated anywhere - step back, observe. If not necessary to stay - leave. Thats nothing that most of us didn't know already. But it needs to be practiced.

Happy to know that discord is better without me, I am better without discord too.

Binny likes this.
  19. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

+1
    I feel with you mate.

mantasisg likes this.
  20. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Once someone gets VR headset it becomes #1 priority for them.
    Once some one gets really into the competition system, same for him.
    These are personal preferences and could be argued which is more important by people in the different sides of things.

But game braking bugs existing for ages, has nothing personal attached to it.
    Moderating the forum, and deleting messages or threads however broken record they might sound, or how ever much they create negativity(in the devs minds), is wasted time that could be used for actually working on the bugs.
    Doing that only makes people leave. That's all it does. Nothing else.

Everybody here knows about the bugs, and "features" most want to see fixes for. Seeing a post repeating one is not gonna change anything for anyone here. It wont create anymore negativity than there is already.
    Yeah, some might take that as a chance to participate in the thread to unload his/hers personal frustrations, but it's not creating anything anymore. Except maybe offer a channel to unload said frustration, which might not be that bad of thing to begin with.

AND not seeing it as it got deleted and then hearing or reading about it, is only gonna create more negativity, not the other way around.

Anyone considering buying the game, is not gonna create account here to see what people talk about the game. The target audiences attention span is not long enough for that tbh.
    What they do, is look for youtube videos about the game. And we all know how the game represents it self there.
    It's the mirror of things today. However you feel about it, it's very "boomerish" (for the lack of better word) to not take that seriously enough. Only shows you are out of touch on how things work today.

To moderate those videos, there is only one thing to do. FIX the stuff that gets repeatedly mentioned in the videos. End of story.

pkelly, Eddy, mantasisg and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.