A must read - Simracing titles review

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Valter Cardoso, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

2. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I'd lol at first article's statement:

"I would say that Assetto Corsa fills the gap between Gran Turismo/Forza and the hardcore PC titles."

It's just one sir else whose thinks the more undriveable = the more hardcore simulation.

The second statement is even worse: he thinks easy to mod is a bad thing, he likes the pain in *** that is to create any rF2 content probably.

I then I stopped to read.

3. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Thx Valter, nice article indeed.

''If you want to want to compete with others, you may want to look into iRacing.''
    Sad but true. And its going to get worse i'm afraid with support for xp being ditched, many servers will trail and/or fail.

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

No,- it´s not a "must read".
    It´s one more cursory, half assed articel/opinion out of thousands....

And the AC-fanboys are crying at one con that he mentioned and rF2 has ONE sentence of pro.

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

nice article , pretty much agree with everything in it, thanks for posting link

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
  6. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

lol....+1 :)

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Good basic information for someone unfamiliar with the products and all the history.

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Clearly the ISR guys are recognizing just how much "power" and potential the amazing ISI rFactor 2 engine has. I am actually very surprised at these very nice words. They seem to finally recognize that, yes, rFactor 2 may not be mature enough yet as an overall product, but in terms of the pure driving experience itself (physics #1, FFB #2) - which is the most important thing, by far, in sim-racing, and is the whole point of the genre to begin with - that rFactor 2 is clearly "top-notch".

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2014
  9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I don't think the comments on rF2 are far off base. I've said to ISR when I felt they were, this time I don't feel it. I'm sure each community, incuding ours, will take offense at something said though. Part of covering all sims that ISR get to enjoy. :D

10. William David Marsh

William David Marsh Registered

First off, I would like to thank everyone for the compliments. My goal for this article was to see help give people input on the wide range of racing titles available to us (except for PCARS, but it will be available in 2 months, so I felt it was worth bringing up). I see many threads all over websites (not just ISR, but RaceDepartment, SimPit, iRacing, GTPlanet, ISI, etc) asking what sim is ideal.

However, as I brought up in the post, no sim has the monopoly in the industry, and I feel no title ever will. Each sim arguably caters to different tastes. I personally tend to gravitate towards rFactor 2 (that's why I just recently upgraded to a lifetime membership), iRacing, and PCARS (which has pleasently surprised me). I have a soft spot for rFactor 2, and truly want it to succeed (as I want all sims to).

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Finally good article from ISR!

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Thanks for posting will

Re.rf2 your view are my thoughts exactly

( & pretty much same for the rest of the titles )

Ps be good if ISI & Reiza could do some sort of joint collaboration
    A Reiza mod pack that runs on rf2 that needs to purchased in the same way gsc is purchased
    (Perhaps includes rf2 with a discount for present rf2 owners )