A gpl 67 season with all 67 tracks

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by muzikant, May 26, 2018.

1. muzikant

muzikant Registered

Simpelweg de grandprix legendes papyruslicenties kopen ...
    En blaas alle sims weg ;)

pascom, DavidG and Adrianstealth like this.
  2. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Where do i pay? :)

Adrianstealth likes this.
  3. muzikant

muzikant Registered

Grandprjx legends.. the finest racing game ever!!! Hmm it is from 1998. Rfactor2 have the Brabham and Spa... yesterdag I drive this car on Spa and brings me back to 1998... man I love this cars so much... and nobody in simracing world in 20 years have after gpl have a package good psygics a full season... good ai... racing atmosphere like papyrus. In 20 years there is not one historic motorsport sim game.... thats a shame... it is more frkm the same kunos.. raceroom rfactor 2.. a lot of gt3 cars and modern tracks

I pay to :):D:rolleyes:

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

They didn't race at 67 tracks :p

:oops:

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I’m surprised ISI / 397 never promoted & developed more historic tracks ( lots of top quality cars already )

No need for laser scanning for obvious reasons & a solid loyal fan base is pretty much guaranteed
    -no brainer

The existing 3 tracks are good quality , another 6 to 8 if same standard would really give rfactor2 a complete series / track pack ( chargeable too )

pascom, muzikant and Mauro like this.
  6. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

And was GPL a commercial success? No. So why would S397 do their own version?

I doubt that licensing is as cheap as it was in 1998 (if it had been thought of then) either.

7. muzikant

muzikant Registered

Yepp Sven Miles.. but simracing was in another time.

8. filippu

filippu Registered

And is rF2 a commercial success ? No. So why would S397 bother with this version ?

9. muzikant

muzikant Registered

To make a commercial succes ;)
    Raceroom.... Ac...Project cars.... Automobilista... it is a bit of everything. Gt3 s.. a few openwheelers or lmp's.. some road cars.. to much same modern tracks. If you want a commercial succes you have to distinguish from the rest. If everybody make the same blue shoes... and your factory make also the same blue shoes like the other. It is not the way to make monny or a commercial succes :cool: doing something different.

No doubt. I love rfactor2 and the rest of the race sims! But in manny ways the have the same options... cars .. tracks...

If there was today a gpl2 I think a lot of simracers like this that is my opinion

Guimengo and Mauro like this.
  10. Mauro

Mauro Registered

A complete GPL2 with rf2 engine: i 'm ready to pay 60 euro or more :)

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  11. AMillward

AMillward Registered

They had licenses for all the teams and drivers except the Honda and Cooper. Cooper was called Coventry iirc and I don't think the Honda came stock. Been a long time...

Seven Smiles likes this.
  12. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Honda was murasama

But with simple patch you had correct names

13. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

I didn’t think about that, you’re right, though I don’t know if Papyrus paid to license the other cars at all or just asked for permission and whether Honda and Cooper just said no or asked too much. I was going to say S397 wouldn’t get away with just using a different name to get around licensing but then remembered "Brianza" and "Matsusaka". Brianza is a historic circuit so they can probably use the layout but not the name, Matsusaka is too but has the modern layout (with the chicane). We need @Tim Wheatley to give us a lecture on licensing racing cars and circuits :)

14. lagg

lagg Registered

Matsusaka is a third party circuit, ¿no?

15. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Yes, but released by ISI under their 3PA program.

16. woochoo

woochoo Registered

I did some work on that one :)
    But on the topic of 1967, I've also got my Longford 1967 track, which you can think of as an F1 pre-season track. It featured in the Tasman Series, with a bunch of the F1 drivers and teams coming to Aus and NZ in the European winter to keep sharp, and compete against some Aus and NZ drivers and cars. Longford is also currently getting an update.
    Besides that, I've also got my Le Grand Circuit 1967 project, which doesn't include the short circuit, because, let's face it... It's not much. :)

pascom, adamfarmer, lagg and 2 others like this.